Posted Feb 19, 2021 at 08:00 pm Closes Mar 5, 2021 at 08:00 pm
WEST REGION CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES INC.
Invites applications for the position of
MINO I YAH DAA WELLNESS WORKER
Reporting to the Mino I Yah Daa Wellness Program Coordinator, the Mino I Yah Daa Wellness Worker will be responsible to provide wellness support services to the following target groups: children at risk of coming into the agency’s care primarily due to parental behavior, children at risk due to their own behavior, the parents/caregivers work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in delivering services and will establish good working relationships with various community programs and services.
· Provide wellness support services for high risk families and children in the care of the agency
· Provide individual counseling and support services
· Provide family counseling and support services
· Facilitates wellness and support groups for adolescent victim of sexual abuse, groups for past victims of sexual abuse, men’s treatment groups etc.
· Provide community crisis intervention
· Facilitates parents’ group/instruction related to treatment services
· Deliver workshops/seminars as required related to treatment services
· Liaison with community programs and workers
· BSW or degree in related field with 2 years of direct experience or equivalent combination of training and work experience
· A minimum of one year demonstrated counseling experience working with children and families
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding working with Children with special needs. FASD & ADHD
· Knowledge of the needs of Aboriginal children and their families.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to speak Ojibway will be considered an asset
· Must have demonstrated knowledge and appreciation of the Ojibway culture and the aspirations of First Nations
· Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
All applicants must be willing to submit a Criminal Record check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry check, Prior Contact check and Driver’s Abstract prior to the commencement of employment. Travel is required. A valid driver’s license and access to means of reliable transportation for work is a condition of employment.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and training and according to Provincial pay scale.
Please submit resumes and a cover letter to; Annette McKay, B.Ed., BSW, RSW
Mino I Yah Daa Wellness Program Coordinator
West Region Child & Family Services Inc.
Erickson, MB R0J 0PO
Fax: (204) 622-5248
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: Friday March 5th, 2021
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: