Posted Mar 23, 2020 at 03:00 pm Closes Apr 20, 2020 at 03:00 pm
“Manitoba Moon Voices Inc. (MMVI) is non-profit organization supporting leadership and advancement for/by Indigenous women, two-spirited and gender diverse people in the province of Manitoba.”
The Proposal Writer/Funding Coordinator position will apply for project and operational funds, build partnerships relationships with funding organizations seek funding from private sector and foundations. Writing, submitting, managing proposals and enduring funders have all the supporting documents required and adhering to deadlines. Train staff on proposal writing and fundraising, funding applications will be targeted towards completion of the objectives of the strategic plan and will fill operational gaps identified by the MMVI strategic plan. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
· Bachelor’s degree or diploma in creative writing or experience in a related field is preferred.
· Minimum of two years of experience developing and applying for project and operational funds including technical writing, submitting, managing grant/funding proposals
· Proficient with accounting, budgeting, control and reporting systems
· Experience with preparing, maintaining, summiting budgets for programs, projects and proposals is required.
· Knowledge of issues facing Indigenous Women in Manitoba including child welfare, housing, justice and the National Inquiry into Indigenous Women and Girls, calls to justice.
· Knowledge and understanding of the diversity of culture/spiritual practices of Indigenous women.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer and keyboarding skills required with an ability to learn required on-line submission and reporting software managing records of hard copies and computer databases.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to express ideas clearly, effectively and persuasively, both orally and superior writing skills.
· Ability to work co-operatively as a part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals and independently
· Strong leadership, research, analysis and critical thinking skills; ability to work effectively and persuasively.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet multiple deadlines.
· Required to possess a valid Province of Manitoba Driver's License.
· Ability to speak an Indigenous language an asset.
Preference will be given to an Indigenous candidate
Satisfactory criminal record checks, Vulnerable Persons Registry check is required
Please forward your cover letter, resume and three work related references to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than April 10, 2020 4:00 pm
Only those who are qualified will be contacted for an interviewed
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: