Posted Feb 11, 2019 at 10:45 pm Closes Mar 11, 2019 at 10:45 pm
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Nikan Awasisak Agency Inc. is seeking an individual for the position of Director of Finance in our Cross Lake Office.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Finance plans, organizes and directs the financial operations of the Nikan Awasisak Agency. This position is responsible for the development of the annual budget and the establishment of internal and financial controls. The Director of Finance ensures that all financial activities adhere to Funding Regulations, the Child and Family Services Act and are in accordance with Canadian Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations.
· An Accounting Designation with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior and supervisory role. Knowledge and understanding of current issues related to Child & Family Services, Child & Family Services
· Act, Adoption Act and the Child & Family Services Authority Act would be an asset.
· Knowledge of the various funding levels of government, as well as knowledge of funding formula’s utilized by the Provincial & Federal Governments. Knowledge of the AJI-CWI Process.
· Respect of First Nations culture, traditional family and child rearing practices. Ability to speak Cree is a definite asset.
· Knowledge of and experience with Sage 300 accounting software, Facts Accounting software and Microsoft Office products Excel, Word and Outlook
· Experience with Payroll Compliance Legislation
· Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license;
· To ensure all monthly Administrative, Maintenance and Special Projects financial statements are produced in an accurate and complete manner to be presented to the Board of Directors;
· To ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded on a monthly basis;
· To ensure all required reports to both Provincial Agencies and Department of Indigenious Services Canada are prepared and forwarded on a timely basis;
· Ensure the review and reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including Agency bank accounts for Administration and Maintenance Accounts on a monthly basis;
· To ensure that working papers are prepared and supporting documentation are made available for interim and year-end audit reviews;
· To provide supervision and adequate training to all finance personnel under the Director of Finance’s supervision.
· To ensure the annual budget is prepared in conjunction with the Executive Director and presented to the Board of Directors for approval;
· To ensure that all costs incurred by the Nikan Awasisak Agency are paid on a timely basis;
· To ensure that all staff are paid at the approved level and at the prescribed time;
· To review and approve all payroll registers prior to disbursement;
· To evaluate and review the performance of the finance staff;
A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check are conditions of employment.
Your cover letter and résumé must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit three references at time of application. Job descriptions are available at the Cross Lake Nikan Awasisak Office.
Salary: Based on qualifications
Deadline for Applications: Monday, March 11, 2019 at 4:45 pm
Advertisement # NAA 131 Or for more information contact:
Attention: Hiring Committee Gloria McKay, Human Resources Judy Rumpel, I/Director of Finance
Nikan Awasisak Agency Inc. Phone: 1(204)676-3902, ext 104 Phone: 1(204)676-3902, ext. 115
P.O. Box 388 Fax: 1(204)676-3251 Fax: 1(204)676-3251
Cross Lake, MB. R0B 0J0 Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.”
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: