Posted Feb 11, 2019 at 08:00 pm Closes Feb 25, 2019 at 08:00 pm
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Reporting to the Executive Director, Shawenim Abinoojii Inc. is seeking a Finance Manager. As a member of the SAI management team, this role is to undertake all aspects of financial management in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), including financial reporting, forecasts preparation, risk management, payroll, budget management, cost analysis as well as development and improvement of internal control policies and procedures. He/she will supervise and support the SAI Finance Team and provide support to SAI Program Managers towards effective financial planning, strategies and reporting. The Finance Manager will provide financial reports on a regular basis to the SAI Board of Directors and members at the Annual General Meeting.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILL REQUIREMENT:
· Education / Professional designation, CPA/CGA designation is acceptable; CAFM designation is preferred;
· 5+ years of senior management accounting experience.
· Knowledge of the Child and Family Services (CFS) sector and legislation an asset but not mandatory;
· Experience in managing/supervising staff with the ability to identify developmental needs of employees and to provide coaching and mentoring
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Strong proficiency in Sage accounting, word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheets (Excel), E-mail (Outlook) and Internet
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Possesses a strong knowledge of the Anishinaabe culture and issues affecting our children, families and communities; obtained prior cultural awareness and/or sensitivity training.
· Required to work flexible hours to meet Agency need including ability to travel as required
· Must provide clear criminal records check, adult and child abuse checks, clear drivers abstract
How to Apply: send resume and cover letter to
FAX: (204) 949-9413
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to: Members of the Southeast First Nation Communities; and Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit or Metis).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: