Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 05:00 pm Closes Dec 20, 2018 at 05:00 pm
REQUIRED: One (1) Full Time Permanent Age of Majority Worker
LOCATION: Winnipeg Sub-Office, 585 Century, Winnipeg, Manitoba
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
§ Direct service for youth nearing age of majority or on extensions of care for KSMA sub-office,
§ Support youth in care to successfully navigate the transition to adulthood,
§ Assists in the preparation of extension of care requests,
§ Ensure that all children aged 16+ have appropriate transition plans,
§ Attend relevant networking opportunities and working groups, including participation in committees related to youth in care,
§ Regularly provide information to sub-office staff regarding available services for youth aged 16+,
§ Collect and maintain data by tracking stats regarding youth in care,
§ Identify and provide briefings to agency management team on issues of concern regarding service provision for our youth,
§ Assist by providing case management coverage as needed,
§ Comply with the Child & Family Services Act and Program Standards.
§ Works cooperatively and effectively with all collateral resources in order to strengthen services for all youth in care and their families.
· BSW Degree
· Registered Social Worker
· Knowledge of Social Work, Child Welfare, Manitoba CFS Act, Program Standards and Aboriginal Justice Inquiry-Child Welfare Initiative.
· Ability and experience working effectively within a team environment and independently
· Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work overtime hours,
· Ability to travel,
· Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
· Detailed resume,
· Two (2) references from most current supervisors, and one (1) character reference,
· Copy of current Prior Contact, Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Record checks,
· Copy of degree and/or diplomas obtained and/or completed certificates.
SALARY: To commensurate with Education and Experience
DEADLINE DATE: December 19, 2018@ 4:30 pm
SUBMIT RESUMES TO:
Or mail to: Kinosao Sipi Minisowin Agency
Attention: Rosalie Throop
P.O. Box 640
“Personal & Confidential”
Norway House, Manitoba R0B 1B0
Or fax to: (204) 359-8654 - Attention: HR Department
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: