Posted May 25, 2023 at 09:00 pm Closes Jun 22, 2023 at 09:00 pm
Economic Development Officer (EDO)
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Economic Development Officer (EDO) to join Sagkeeng First Nation. As the Economic Development Officer, you will play a vital role in driving economic growth and prosperity within our community. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and implement strategies that attract investments, promote business development, and enhance the overall economic well-being of Sagkeeng First Nation. By collaborating with various stakeholders, both internally and externally, you will contribute to shaping the future of economic development in our community. If you are passionate about driving positive change and have a strong background in economic development, we invite you to join our team.
· Develop and implement an economic development plan for Sagkeeng First Nation in alignment with the community's vision and goals.
· Identify and pursue potential business and investment opportunities that align with the community's priorities and values.
· Conduct market research and analysis to identify emerging trends, economic opportunities, and potential risks.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with local, regional, and national stakeholders, including government agencies, private sector organizations, and community members.
· Provide guidance and support to entrepreneurs and businesses within Sagkeeng First Nation, including assisting with business planning, accessing funding opportunities, and facilitating partnerships.
· Collaborate with internal departments and community members to identify and address economic development challenges and opportunities.
· Develop and implement marketing and promotional strategies to attract investment and showcase Sagkeeng First Nation as a desirable location for business and tourism.
· Advocate for the economic interests of Sagkeeng First Nation at various forums, conferences, and events.
· Monitor and evaluate the progress of economic development initiatives, preparing regular reports and presentations for leadership and stakeholders.
· Stay updated on industry best practices, economic development trends, and government policies that may impact the community's economic development efforts.
· Bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, commerce, or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
· Proven experience in economic development, business development, or related roles, preferably within an Indigenous community context.
· Strong knowledge of economic development principles, strategies, and practices.
· Familiarity with the socio-economic and cultural context of Sagkeeng First Nation.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including government agencies, private sector organizations, and community members.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to conduct market research, analyze data, and identify economic opportunities.
· Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan, implement, and evaluate economic development initiatives.
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to prepare reports, presentations, and funding proposals.
· Proficiency in using computer applications and software relevant to economic development and project management.
· Understanding of Indigenous economic development frameworks and principles is an asset.
$85,000 with possible incentives.
Application Deadline: June 16, 2023
Resumes and cover letter can be sent to: email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however,
only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits:
Log in or Create an Account to apply.