HCM Monitor (Classification Under Review)
Security Branch, Manitoba Housing
Advertisement Number: 41186
Salary(s): HCM $15.81 - $19.09 per hour
Closing Date: June 4, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our role is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector search
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry check
- Must be available to work days, evenings, nights and weekends including statutory holidays.
- Experience working in a call center or similar work environment, receiving multiple phone calls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide superior customer service while assisting challenging customers.
- Experience transcribing information accurately and efficiently into a data base software program while speaking with clients on the phone.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate and relay information clearly and accurately.
- Excellent written communication skills with appropriate spelling, grammar and formatting for the purpose of relaying information clearly and accurately.
- Effective stress management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software systems
As a member of the Security Services Team, this position is responsible for answering inbound calls to the Housing Communication Centre, monitoring computerized terminals for alarm, emergency and medical signals, and initiating responses as required under established operating guidelines.
Advertisement # 41186
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.