ENERGY MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely 3 days per 2 week period), depending on nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking a Professional Engineer to join our Corporate Facilities team as an Energy Management Engineer for an approximately two-year term. Under the general direction of the Planning and Design Buildings Engineer, the Energy Management Engineer is responsible for establishing Corporate Facilities' ISO 50001 Energy Management System. This position will deliver the requirements of the ISO 50001 Ready Canada program over the two-year term providing technical expertise and leadership to Corporate Facilities in the areas of whole facility, system-based energy management. The Energy Management Engineer will be responsible for identification, assessment, promotion, implementation and measurement & verification of Corporate Facilities' energy conversation and sustainability activities. The Energy Management Engineer will support and foster the processes, procedures, and best practices necessary for a portfolio of productive, energy efficient, and sustainable buildings.
- Independently establish and manage Corporate Facilities' ISO 50001 Energy Management System.
- Responsible for providing expert advice and technical support to the Planning and Design, Construction Project Management and Operations sections of Corporate Facilities on portfolio energy management.
- Responsible for assessing system metering needs and managing and implementing equipment installations and programming for the provision and support of reporting energy and portfolio performance metrics through NRCan's Portfolio Manager.
- Provide building services engineering function, either through the design of specific solutions or working with engineering consultants.
- Contribute to Corporate Facilities' Facility Strategic Plan, providing subject-matter expertise in an area related to facility design and operation.
- Support the implementation and success of the Energy and Sustainability Policy for Corporate Facilities & Security.
- Graduate in Engineering from a university of recognized standing (strong preference given to specialty related to commercial buildings sector).
- Professional Engineer, registered in the Province of Manitoba with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM).
- Minimum of six years' experience including two years directly related to energy management. Specific experience with the ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems Standard is considered a significant asset.
- One or more of the following certifications are considered an asset(s): Certified Practitioner in Energy Management Systems (CP EnMS), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Measurement Verification Professional (CMVP), and/or other similar certification, and willingness to pursue additional certifications and training.
- Mature judgment and proven ability to deliver assigned duties with minimal direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills at all levels, both internal and external to the corporation.
- Proven commitment to sustainability and building performance.
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Motor Vehicle Driver's Licence.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $44.27-$61.12 Hourly, $84,833.84-$117,123.76 Annually.
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is JUNE 5, 2023.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.