Posted Sep 22, 2022 at 05:00 pm Closes Oct 6, 2022 at 05:00 pm
The Evaluation and Research Coordinator works under the supervisory function of the Director of Languages and Cultures.
· Supports the initial and ongoing planning efforts for Early Learning and other service delivery areas including identifying all local, provincial, and federal sources of data, and, where appropriate, collects and incorporates these data into early learning, and other services areas to support MFNERC service delivery;
· Assists in planning, designing, and conducting research to enhance services in early learning;
· Creates, manages and analyzes with simple statistics (e.g., means, ranges, frequency distributions) multiple databases to provide evidence to help inform local planning decisions;
· Work closely with the research/evaluation experts at Healthy Child Manitoba Office (HCMO) at HCMO’s Winnipeg location; the successful candidate must pass required security clearances to work at HCMO offices;
· Produces reports and information in understandable formats such as tables, charts, maps and summaries and as required by the Province, stakeholders and service delivery programs;
· Attends internal/external meetings on behalf of MFNERC, and provides resources and support internally and to MFNERC First Nations schools;
· Builds capacity, awareness and understanding of early year’s data and research among community partners, and promotes the use of research and evaluation findings in evidence- informed decision making;
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Honours Degree (4 year) in Social Sciences, Community Health and/or Education, Mathematical, Statistical or Computer Sciences, Community Psychology or relevant field.
· Minimum 2-3 years related professional experience.
· Valid Driver's Licence (Class 5).
· Successful Criminal Reference Check/ Child Abuse Registry Check
· Ability to coordinate and disseminate research and data analysis to various audiences.
· Ability to use Microsoft applications (including Excel), Provincial software programs and/or data population measurement tools such as Early Development Instrument (EDI) or other social service measurement tools.
· Ability to use statistical software used for statistical analysis such as such as Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) or Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS).
· Experience in data management, including cleaning and preparing data for reports, linking data files, and performing data integrity checks.
· Experience in data analysis including creating tables and charts for reports and simple statistics.
· Experience writing summary documents or technical reports.
· Ability to speak a First Nations language an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (please state position title applying for), along with (3) professional reference listings (including a most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 4, 2022:
Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre Inc.
2-1100 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 3X9
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 204.942.2490
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MFNERC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees. Successful candidates will be required to show proof of the vaccination. Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants; applicants are asked to self-declare in their resume or cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
Please visit our website at www.mfnerc.com
Posted: September 20, 2022
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: