Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule, depending on nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Infrastructure & Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for the supervision, planning, work assignment and overall support of the employees in the Information Technology division and Infrastructure & Operations department. This position will be responsible for the server, network, and storage technology streams within the corporate data centers and will also be responsible for data center security and the 24x7x365 operation of the data center environment.
- Lead the section in identifying, planning, prioritizing, allocating, monitoring, and delivering on core enterprise workloads to ensure highly available, secure, and compliant technology infrastructure in the enterprise IT data centers and beyond.
- Participate and supervise large complex enterprise-wide IT related projects and technical upgrades, ensuring that data centre design and operational standards align with enterprise requirements/expectations for business continuity, availability, and disaster recovery.
- Provide authoritative advice in the preparation of procurement documents related to large equipment purchases, the establishment of vendor of record contracts, and manage hardware and software maintenance renewals with the Value Management Office.
- Ensure 24x7x365 support coverage for critical systems. Ensure root causes for system faults and failures are identified and fully addressed.
- Establish communication plans to provide clear and concise communication to key stakeholders in the event of reliability incidents.
- Plan, schedule, and delegate work assignments within the various groups within D&T and across the enterprise.
- Prepare section business plans, budgets, workload and resource projections, and multi-year infrastructure technology roadmaps that address strategic short-term and long-term enterprise goals.
- Work with Corporate Facilities and partners across the enterprise to ensure data centre electrical/mechanical systems meet the capacity and reliability required to support enterprise business continuity, availability, and disaster recovery needs.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and Cyber Security Office to develop, maintain, and promote technology standards, technical capability guidelines and/or guardrails; to continuously develop and improve enterprise agile architecture and governance; identify and document business and technical capabilities required to support Strategy 2040
- Monitor ongoing capital and operating expenses and ensure alignment with planned budget.
- Represent Manitoba Hydro in dealings with hardware/software manufacturers and resellers.
- Recommend the selection and training of section employees, plan for and provide on-going employee development, and conduct employee performance evaluations to ensure performance meets established standards.
- Ensures process efficiency by implementing the key performance indicators and suggest improvements to the process continuously; applies continuous improvement methods (e.g., Agile) to all activities
- Keep abreast of IT technology trends and developments and communicate with employees and management accordingly.
- Participate in technology security related audits and prepare responses and action plans to address gaps identified.
- Document as-built (technology/solution) architecture and/or standards
- A four year degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a university of recognized standing plus six years of experience in IT infrastructure
- A two year diploma in Computer Technology from an institute of recognized standing plus eight years of experience in IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated understanding of IT computer and networking infrastructure (network/server/storage).
- Ability to assemble and lead teams of IT professionals engaged in problem analysis and resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, plan, control and make decisions related to the selection and implementation of network infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of modern service delivery (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Working knowledge of IT Asset Management lifecycles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory duties and employee relations methods.
- Demonstrated ability to organize employees and assign work duties.
- Demonstrated ability to lead IT teams ensuring that all team members are effectively participating in the team.
- Demonstrated understanding of NERC CIP standards and compliance.
- Comprehensive understanding of project management.
- Knowledge of financial impact related to IT investment.
- Proven ability to transform business requirements into IT solutions that align with existing strategies and goals.
- Ability to coordinate and lead multiple projects or activities with competing priorities
- Demonstrated understanding of change management procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of governance, compliance, and security standards.
- Must obtain and maintain a current Personnel Risk Assessment and a "Clear" security rating in accordance with Manitoba Hydro policy P513.
- Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Training is required and must be completed prior to transfer date and renewed annually.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $47.32 -$64.83 Hourly, $90,676.56-$124,229.82 Annually.
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is OCTOBER 3, 2022.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.