Posted Nov 25, 2021 at 08:00 pm Closes Dec 9, 2021 at 08:00 pm
SUPPORT WORKER - COMPETITION # 2021-86
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Program Manager, the support worker will be responsible for providing support, mentorship, and leadership to youth aged 18-25 in and from care, living in our transitional.
· Provide on-site support for youth living in the home to enhance mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual wellness.
· Coordinate and lead social and recreational activities for youth both on-site and in the community; encourage youth to identify interests and plan activities based on this.
· Communicate and collaborate with case manager to identify the unique goals of each youth.
· Support on-site life skills development by guiding youth through tasks such as completion of household chores, cooking, maintenance and more; provide youth regular reminders.
· Support off-site life skills development by guiding youth to attend appointments, access resources, complete grocery shopping and other tasks as assigned.
· Encourage community participation by exploring volunteer opportunities, special events.
· Provide transportation when needed and appropriate.
· Intervene in crises, providing guidance, support, or resources.
· Maintain accurate and complete written records and reports.
· Training in social services field considered an asset but not required; ASIST, NVCI, First Aid CPR, and other related trainings is considered an asset.
· Knowledge of CFS system and experiences of youth aging out of care; lived experience a definite asset.
· Excellent communication skills; capable of building effective, trusting relationships.
· Experience and knowledge in Indigenous approaches to supporting youth wellness.
· Knowledge of community resources, particularly resources in the North End.
· Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is considered an asset.
· Must have a current satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), and Prior Contact Check as conditions of employment.
For the best results please apply directly through bamboohr.com using the following link: https://saihr.bamboohr.com/jobs/?source=shawenim-abinoojii or you can send your resume, and cover letter to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
Please quote the competition # 2021-86
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: