Posted Nov 24, 2021 at 03:00 pm Closes Dec 8, 2021 at 03:00 pm
CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITION # 2021-40-3
ANCR (Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network) delivers centralized, essential intake services that are part of the comprehensive and coordinated child and family services system in the City of Winnipeg. We provide crisis response and intake case services, conduct abuse investigations and offer preventative programs and services. ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. We provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. ANCR receives both emergency and non-emergency calls, with highly qualified staff making initial assessments and referring callers to ongoing services as appropriate.
POSITION: Overnights After Hours Worker - Permanent Full Time
HOURS OF WORK: 10:30 PM – 8:30 AM includes weekday, weekends and holidays
CLOSING DATE: December 8, 2021
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INDIGENOUS CANDIDATES. APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF DECLARE. An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
· Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent education and experience.
· Minimum 2 years experience in a family services environment, Child and Family Services protection experience an asset.
· Knowledge of and experience with the CFS Intake Module (IM) required.
· Fluency in French and/or an Indigenous language is an asset.
· Knowledge of substance abuse, family violence, child abuse/neglect and community resources is required.
· Demonstrated skills in areas of crisis intervention, abuse investigations and assessing high risk situations which require immediate response.
· Knowledge and understanding of multicultural issues and demonstrated skill working cross culturally.
· Excellent organizational, computer, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and in a team environment.
· The core competencies for this position include: communication, cultural competence, customer/client focus, decision-making, collaboration, organizational ability, and stress tolerance.
A valid driver’s license and a vehicle with $2,000,000 liability insurance is a requirement of this position.
A satisfactory criminal records check, prior contact check and a check of the Child Abuse Registry is a requirement of all ANCR employment positions. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
After Hours Workers are responsible for providing crisis intervention, assessment, child protection and after hours emergency services.
· Assessing requests for service with reference to risk, functioning and services needs.
· Providing immediate crisis intervention and conducting child protection investigations.
· Apprehending children at risk and placing in appropriate and or available settings.
· Supervising and physically caring for children awaiting placement.
· Referring and providing information to professional and community resources.
· Completing all required written documentation.
All qualified internal candidates will be considered first. Testing may form a part of the screening and selection process. We seek diversity in our workplace. Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please review www.ancr.ca for more information. Please submit your resume with cover letter and quote competition #2021-40-3 to:
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0N6
FAX: 944-4182 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: