Posted Oct 13, 2021 at 09:00 pm Closes Oct 27, 2021 at 09:00 pm
Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 300-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra is seeking a 15 Month Term, Chemical Technical Assistant based out of our Virden, Manitoba office.
The Chemical Technical Assistant is responsible for data collection and administration of all aspects of Tundra’s Production Treatment Chemicals program.
Reporting to the Lead Chemical Specialist, some specific duties and responsibilities of the Chemical Technical Assistant include, but are not limited to:
· Identify, sort, code, track, and trend all chemical invoicing and costs related to production and operating chemical programs.
· Code all invoices associated with the chemical team related to Business Development Teams (BDT).
· Monitor production and operating chemical inventory, injection rate vs target rates to ensure program goals are being met.
· Manage all data associated with the chemical database which includes weekly inventories, deliveries from vendors, 3rd party batches, and fixing any data entry errors.
· Track total chemicals operating costs (opex) to total BDT budget for:
1. Total Chemical cost per $ / bbl oil (or boe) and $ / bbl water vs budget.
2. Project or Batteries, on-going chemical trials, waterflood
· Provide support and facilitate clear communication between this position, Chemical Specialists, chemical vendors, and Tundra’s Operations teams to capture inventory and track chemical programs to ensure programs are implemented effectively.
· Create and distribute weekly or monthly reports to external vendors and internal groups including production reports, batch history, cost reporting, well failure reports and others as requested.
· Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Chemical Specialist, vendors and Battery Operators to review chemical consumption and to discuss questions and concerns.
· Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors and run Operators.
· Assist in completing the chemical operating budget for affiliated BDT.
· Participate and record meeting minutes in meetings as directed.
· Review and update chemical SDS sheets.
· Other duties as assigned.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
· High school Diploma is required.
· Post-secondary education in business administration and accounting would be considered an asset.
· Competency and experience in, or the ability to learn:
o Microsoft Office including Excel
o Power BI, Spotfire or other databases
o Generwell or Wellview
o H2S Alive
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and databases would be an asset.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal; and the ability to work in individual and group settings.
• People management skills.
• Oil production exposure would be considered an asset.
• You enjoy working effectively with a dynamic, high-performing team.
• You work to build solid relationships both internally & externally. You value and build diverse networks.
• You are results driven with a history of delivering quality and timely work with understanding the sense of urgency in achieving targets.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to understand priorities, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Self-starter with initiative and ability to seek information independently.
• You have strong problem-solving skills.
· Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Tundra’s Safety Policy.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com to submit your cover letter and resume along with your salary expectations
by end of day, October 22, 2021
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: