DEPARTMENT MANAGER – CUSTOMER ENERGY SERVICES
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
Reporting to the Director, Sales, Marketing & Product Development, the Manager of Customer Energy Services will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Customer Energy Services Department, serving as a leader in managing the Corporation's relationships with its customers - including Manitoba Hydro's industrial, commercial and municipal customers – recognizing their changing needs under the evolving energy landscape, applying sound business and technical acumen. The Manager of Customer Energy Services has direct oversight of and is responsible for:
- Managing customer engagement and meeting customer expectations through the coordination of customer-requested electric service extensions and upgrades for both distribution and transmission level service and natural gas service extensions and upgrades.
- Negotiating and administrating contracts related to energy service agreements, power supply agreements, construction agreements, load interconnection studies, utility joint-use services and agreements, and business initiatives related to new and existing customers.
- Leading the continual review and enhancement of existing divisional processes to meet evolving customer expectations, service-level performance targets and increase responsiveness.
- Leading the development and on-going reporting on performance metrics (KPIs) and department action plans to achieve targets.
- Supporting and coordinating with provincial economic development entities to support economic development in Manitoba, such as Economic Development Winnipeg, Winnipeg Metropolitan Region and Chambers of Commerce, etc.
- Communicating and applying electricity and natural gas rates appropriate to relevant rate categories for all customer segments.
- Leading and developing the Energy Service Advisors team with the coaching, tools and resources required to become a "trusted advisor" aligned with Manitoba Hydro's vision for customer centricity to successfully achieve Strategy 2040.
- Leading and developing technical support and guidance for optimal and desired energy utilization for all customer segments.
- Supporting and developing new Customer Service Policy to meet the evolving needs of all customer segments.
- Coordinate with Customer Strategy, Energy Market Strategy & Wholesale Power Marketing, Product & Services Strategy and Delivery, Energy Supply Planning, Gas Engineering & Construction, Grid Infrastructure Planning, Rates & Regulatory, and other internal stakeholders to ensure business planning initiatives, performance metric targets and regulatory requirements are met.
- Providing input to CS&E on opportunities to improve financial and service-level performance including KPIs and targets for the Customer Energy Services portfolio.
- Assist with collecting and negotiating with Major and Key customer accounts in arrears or default.
- Identifying, implementing and supporting the delivery of business initiatives and customer-focused products and services to achieve business objectives and business case benefits.
- Advocating on behalf of Manitoba Hydro customers on matters related to the safety, reliability, quality, optimization, enhancement and equity of electric and natural gas services.
- Deep understanding of the electric and natural gas customers, their changing energy needs, and Manitoba Hydro's related systems to supply our customers.
- Demonstrated experience in customer relationship management, customer service electric and natural gas extension policies, contract negotiation and administration, along with demonstrated business and technical acumen related to electric and natural gas service and utilization will be an asset.
- Strong management communication and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Continuous improvement and problem-solving mindset.
- Proven success managing department performance and financial metrics in a customer relationship management function.
- The successful applicant will possess a University Degree in an appropriate discipline with nine years of related supervisory experience demonstrating progressively greater responsibility or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills combined with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven record as a team player are essential.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
Note: This employment opportunity is advertised on Manitoba Hydro’s career website, and all candidates wishing to apply must do so using our online application system. Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is September 27, 2021.
Applications for this opportunity will include a cover letter and resume detailing how your academic qualifications and progressively responsible work experience directly align with the roles and responsibilities associated with this leadership role.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Note: Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams and may be scheduled on short notice and outside of regular working hours.