Posted Sep 14, 2021 at 03:00 pm Closes Sep 28, 2021 at 03:00 pm
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and motivated individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Human Resources provides progressive and supportive leadership in all aspects of human resources, including human resource planning and policy development, management and administration, employee support, pension and benefits plan administration and utilization of Agency Employee Database ie. Dayforce.
· Ensures all administrative supports are provided to the Agency. Performs recruitment duties, administration, Management/Employee support, discipline etc.
· Develop and support the development of Agency wide job descriptions and postings as required
· Ensure all job postings are distributed in a manner that will attract candidates who meet the required qualifications
· In conjunction with the Executive Director and members of Executive Management, review Employee Policy Manual to ensure policies are up to date, accurate and complies with relevant legislation
· Ensures the Human Resource Department complies with and contributes effectively to the overall strategic business plan
· Remain current on all relevant legislation and ensure Agency compliance
· Ensures the Agency provides a healthy and safe environment for all its employees
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field plus Human Resources Management Certification (CPHR) preferred
· 10 years minimum experience working directly in at senior level management in Human Resource Department
· Clear background checks (i.e. criminal, CAR, PCC)
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in fast paced environment
· Strong computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Valid class 5 driver’s license
· 5+ years managing office operations
· Knowledge of Dayforce software
· Experience working with Indigenous communities and fluency in the Ojibway language is an asset
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
Resumes can be sent to:
Mail: 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0
Fax: (204) 949 1669; (204) 367 8510
Deadline: September 27, 2021
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: