Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation, commitment and customer service.
We are seeking an experienced Technology Auditor, who will be responsible for a variety of complex assurance and consulting engagements. These engagements assess the extent to which management control systems (particularly IT general and application controls and operational technology security controls) are designed, implemented and maintained to efficiently and effectively support the achievement of intended business results.
- Plan, develop and execute detailed audit programs to evaluate IT general and application controls, operational technology security controls, technology components of other management systems and/or use technology in doing so in compliance with applicable professional standards.
- Manage audit work, including coordinating and scheduling both internal and external staff, in a manner consistent with the requirements of the audit section and the auditee.
- Plan, develop and execute data analytics audit work.
- Supervise junior audit staff where assigned Auditor-in-Charge responsibilities.
- Participate in the review and assessment of work performed by junior audit staff.
- Liaise with the coordinator in: disclosing the results of the preliminary assessment, outlining the scope and criteria for inclusion in the audit program, resolving audit issues as they arise over the course of an audit and obtaining action plans and management responses to address audit findings.
- Provide professional oral and written reports and presentations to all levels of management including the auditee, other committees or management groups as may be appropriate in the circumstances.
- May serve as the Internal Audit representative on internal or external committees and perform detailed administrative and technical assignments for these projects, while recognizing any and all restrictions on activity imposed by independence requirements.
- Establish co-operative relationships with all areas of the corporation, other utilities and external agencies in accordance with assigned audit responsibilities.
- Keep abreast of emerging tools and techniques in information technology audit practices via professional development opportunities available through both corporate and external sources.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned.
- A four year University degree from a relevant discipline.
- Educational standing achieved toward attainment of the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); or other approved designation.
- Four years of audit experience.
- One year of internal audit experience.
- Experience with SAP and ACL, and COBIT or similar IT governance frameworks would be definite assets.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively review complex IT processes and controls and develop practical recommendations for enhancement.
- Very good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to an often changing environment and to adapt one's own work schedule to meet competing deadlines of multiple engagements, and meet the schedule and budget requirements of individual engagements.
- Self-motivation with the desire and demonstrated ability to keep abreast of significant developments in IT auditing techniques and practices.
- Demonstrated ability in the use and development of application software programs.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and moral obligation.
- Ability to handle confidential information, respect and adhere to all applicable professional standards and codes of conduct/ethics.
- Knowledge of the utility industry would be an asset.
- Possess a valid Province of Manitoba Driver's Licence and be prepared to travel as required.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life and community.
Note: This employment opportunity is advertised on Manitoba Hydro’s career website, and all candidates wishing to apply must do so using our online application system. Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is September 27, 2021.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.