Operations Site Coordinator
SK4 Service Worker 4
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Service Delivery
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 37964
Salary(s): SK4 $42,866.00 - $50,296.00 per year
Closing Date: August 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Consider this excellent opportunity with the Manitoba government at the Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), located 45 minutes west of Winnipeg in the City of Portage la Prairie. The MDC, a branch of the Department of Families, is an accredited residential care facility providing specialized services to individuals with an intellectual disability and complex needs. On-site interdisciplinary teams provide a wide range of services to residents to ensure that every individual's needs are met and quality of life is enhanced. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be physically able to perform position duties including standing, reaching, bending, lifting and pushing/pulling loads up to, and at times exceeding 75 pounds
- Post secondary education in Leadership (certificate preferred). Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working in a multi disciplinary health care service delivery environment
- Supervisory experience with the ability to lead staff through the process of finding innovative solutions to issues which require improvement
- Experience in commercial/industrial food services, housekeeping services, laundry services, transportation/delivery services and/or materials management
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience working in a unionized environment, with a collective agreement
- Knowledge of the operational planning and budgeting process
- Knowledge of accreditation and continuous quality improvement
- Knowledge of Fire Alarm/Alert System/Emergency Response Procedures
The Operations Site Coordinators, under the direction of the Operations Manager, function as a team to ensure MDC's service environments are respectful, caring, safe and accessible and contribute to the organization's productivity including the effective service delivery of Nutrition/Food Services, Housekeeping Services, Laundry/Linen Services, Transportation/Delivery Services and Materials Management to MDC residents, staff and visitors. Operations Site Coordinators manage, coordinate, and supervise service workers that provide organizational operational support functions to MDC. They ensure compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations and codes and will be responsible for assessing situations to determine whether an emergency exists, consulting with on-call executive management and coordinating shared resources from all areas of operations, activating emergency procedures as required.
Advertisement # 37964
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.