Posted Jun 10, 2021 at 06:00 pm Closes Jun 24, 2021 at 06:00 pm
Treaty One Nation, and Treaty One Development Corporation has a summer opportunity for a post-secondary student in our Winnipeg office. Working in a Full-time basis until September 2021; the student may be assigned to various departments supporting each with their needs. General office duties such as filing, scanning, data entry, customer calls/communication will be completed. The student may be exposed to our other departments such as logistics, courier, accounting, sales & marketing and will complete tasks in those areas as needed. Attention to detail, accurate and timely data entry, ability to learn customized software programs, and ability to self–audit work and make corrections prior to completion are imperative. The student will receive exposure to the internal processes within a growing environment. This is an asset to a student currently pursuing studies in all business management aspects.
The Treaty One Nation:
• Focuses on its employees' creativity and their professional development.
• Has a rich and diverse range of career opportunities.
• Is a respectful workplace that celebrates diversity and equality for all; including a zero tolerance for harassment and lateral violence; and
• Fosters a healthy work-life balance, spiritual wellness, and encourages land-based learning and teambuilding.
• Minimum 1 year of office administration.
• Post secondary student, returning in the fall of 2021.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication.
• Experience in working in a deadline driven work environment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Accountability. Will provide updates as needed on assigned tasks/projects.
• Above average skill in Microsoft Outlook. Inbox and folder management.
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills an asset.
• Experience in a head office setting in asset.
• Previous experience in transportation industry a positive asset.
• Post-secondary education in Management or Business an asset.
• Apply with your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications, preferred department(s) to work in, and availability for an in person or virtual meeting.
The following are also desirable qualifications for applicants:
• Ability to communicate in Anishinaabe.
• Knowledge of Anishinaabe (and Dakota) culture, and of regional Indigenous organizations and partnerships.
• Ability to work with communities to assess and communicate needs and priorities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to organize and share information.
Interviews will be used to assess skills in:
• Engagement- working effectively with people.
• Demonstrating integrity and respect
• Ability to comprehend and communicate in Anishinaabe (as needed)
Written tests may be used to assess skills in:
• Reading, writing, and comprehension of information in English
Conditions of employment:
• Various security clearances including Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
• Willing and able to work overtime as required.
• Willing and able to travel including holding a valid driver license and access to a personal vehicle when required.
Preference will be given to Treaty One members and to First Nations citizens, in that order. Women and Two-spirted/nonbinary persons are encouraged to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, with resume, along with 3 references and salary expectations to:
Ardell Boubard, Human Resource Manager
Treaty One Nation Government
103-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0R8 Email: email@example.com
DEADLINE TO APPLY – JUNE 23, 2021 @ 4:30 P.M.
We thank all who apply; however, only those considered for interview will be contacted. Chi- Miigwetch.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: