Posted Jun 10, 2021 at 05:45 pm Closes Jun 24, 2021 at 05:45 pm
Pay and Benefits Administrator
Canadian Museum for Human Rights
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
The Canadian Museum for Human Rights (CMHR) is a national museum dedicated to the evolution, celebration and future of human rights. It is the first national museum in Canada to be built outside the National Capital Region. Located in the heart of Canada in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the CMHR rises from the Prairie earth at The Forks, which has been a meeting place for over six thousand years.
The CMHR delivers an immersive, interactive and memorable experience for visitors of every background, age and ability. Each visitor has access to a fully reinvented museum experience that reflects a design approach that sets new Canadian and world standards for inclusion and universal accessibility.
We are seeking talented individuals who are motivated to share their passion and commitment to join our team. Together, we aim to enhance the public's understanding of human rights, to promote respect for others, and to encourage reflection and dialogue.
Purpose of Position
The Canadian Museum for Human Rights (CMHR) is centered around the idea that respect and understanding of human rights can serve as a positive force for change in the world. The Pay and Benefits Administrator will support our collective efforts to build a workplace culture that is inclusive, equitable, innovative, and focused on inspiring action.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Human Capital Analyst – Pay and Benefits Manager, this position is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the CMHR’s bi-weekly payroll, benefit and pension administration and all related pay and benefit General Ledger reconciliations.
The incumbent will be a strong and thoughtful communicator, critical thinker and innovator, and will bring a collaborative approach to their role.
· Contributes to a culture that promotes respect, equity, inclusion and innovation, and models anti-racist and accountable behaviors.
· Reviews and confirms employee hours and accruals in the CMHR’s time and attendance system for upload into the pay system.
· Performs all data entry of pay file adjustments.
· Prepares and enters complex calculations for adjustments, as required.
· Reconciles all payroll deductions and adjusts as required for accuracy.
· Reconciles all payroll/benefits related to the General Ledger on a quarterly basis.
· Reviews completed payroll register and files for accuracy prior to submitting to the Human Capital Analyst – Pay and Benefits Manager for level one approval.
· Formats and submits journal entries to Finance for upload into the CMHR Financial system.
· Distributes pay statements as required.
· Responds to employee concerns or questions regarding pay.
· Works with Human Capital Analyst – Pay and Benefits Manager in completing year-end requirements (reconciliations, T4 preparation, etc.).
· Assists with annual audit preparation.
Time and Attendance Administration
· Reviews timecards for critical errors, open exceptions.
· Maintains a schedule databank for the Scheduling Coordinator.
· Reconciles all time and attendance held accruals on a quarterly basis.
· Flag’s system integrity issues to Human Capital Analyst – Pay and Benefits Manager.
· Provides time and attendance training and support to employees as required.
· Is responsible for the enrollment of eligible staff into the Public Service Benefit plans.
· Transmits enrollment files to Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) via Secure File Transfer in a timely fashion.
· Posts enrollment – distributes positive enrollment instructions and insurance cards as they arrive from PSPC.
· Administers the monthly Eco Pass and corporate gym membership programs.
· Coordinates the CMHR’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) activities; includes promoting the EAP through distribution of emails and other collateral.
· Minimum 2 years full cycle payroll experience and post-secondary education in a relevant field (e.g., formal training in accounting or payroll designation), or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
· Commitment to human rights principles, including respect, equity, inclusion and dignity for all.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
· Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize.
· Strong attention to detail.
· High degree of professionalism, reliability and tact, especially as it relates to dealing with confidential or sensitive information and documentation.
· Strong customer service aptitude.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation.
· Ability to communicate proficiently in both official languages.
· Public sector experience, particularly with federal government pension and benefits programs.
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now and/or Ceridian Dayforce.
Conditions of Employment
· Security Screening Level – Reliability Status
· Child Abuse Registry Check
· Work involves dealing with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
· May be required to spend long periods of time (4+ hours) in front of a computer.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé through CMHR’s Careers page at https://humanrights.ca/about/careers by June 20, 2021. The cover letter must provide concrete examples that illustrate how they meet the education and experience aspects listed in the Required and Desired Qualifications.
The Canadian Museum for Human Rights (CMHR) believes that a diversity of experiences and thought drives innovation and transformation. We are working towards building a workforce that is representative of the community in which we live and that we serve. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all and encourage you to identify your employment equity status in your cover letter. The information you voluntarily disclose will be kept confidential and used solely for the purpose of increasing workforce diversity.
The CMHR is committed to developing a work environment and recruitment processes that are inclusive and barrier-free. Please advise the HR representative if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Intent / Result of process: An eligibility list of qualified candidates may be created as a result of this process. The list would have a retention schedule of six months.
If contacted about this job posting, please advise us if you require any accommodations regarding the interview process.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: