Posted Jun 8, 2021 at 11:00 pm Closes Jun 22, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Chief Jacob Berens Mino-Ayaawin Center
Berens River Health Authority
Home and Community Care Nurses
The Chief and Council of Berens River First Nation is currently seeking 2 nurses to become an integral part of our interdisciplinary Health Care Team at the Chief Jacob Berens Mino-Ayaawin Center. This position is full time on a rotational schedule of 2 weeks in with 2 weeks out. Previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply due to technical difficulties in previous advertisements and collections of Applications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direction of the Director of Nursing and Professional Services, plans, organizes, implements, directs, supervises coordinates and evaluates all activities related to the provision of an effective home care service for the First Nation. Manages in such a way that impacts positively on the wellbeing of our HCC Clients.
• Provides statistics and timely month end/year end reports.
• Establishes goals, objectives, and priorities together with the Director of Nursing and Professional Services.
• Carries out staffing requirements, and assists our Human Resources Manager.
• Budgets-control and manages all required resources including human resources, physical building and office spaces, equipment and supplies.
• Will provide direct client supervision, attend to direct client personal assessments/home assessments, and will partner with the multi-disciplinary team for the overall wellbeing of our clients.
• Participate in adult day program
• Responsible for the hiring of Homemakers and their payroll.
•Active practicing registration with the College of Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) / College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM)
• Knowledge and understanding of First Nation health care services, and issues that impact the health of First Nations communities.
• General knowledge of issues related to elders, a certificate in Gerontological Nursing would be an asset.
• Having prior experience with Home and Community Care and the certification and administration of Influenza / Pneumococcal vaccines an asset.
• Must have knowledge of the ESRDT reporting system
• Criminal Record Check and Child/Adult Abuse Registry Checks will be required.
• Medical Clearance
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
• Ability to understand and speak Salteaux (Ojibway) would be very valuable
DEADLINE TO Apply June 23, 2021 – 4pm
Please send your cover letter and Resume to:
CHIEF & COUNCIL
Berens River First Nation Health Authority
c/o: Kim Sinclair, HR Manager
And c.c. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by Fax: 204-382-2005
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: