Posted Jun 8, 2021 at 11:00 pm Closes Jun 22, 2021 at 11:00 pm
DATE POSTED June 8, 2021
Chief Jacob Berens Mino-Ayaawin Center
Berens River Health Authority
PRIMARY CARE REGISTERED NURSE
(4 Full Time Positions)
The Chief and Council of Berens River First Nation is currently seeking Primary Care Nurses to become an integral part of our interdisciplinary Health Care Team at the Chief Jacob Berens Mino-Ayaawin Center. This position is full time on a rotational schedule of 2 weeks in with 2 weeks out. Nursing contracts are currently a duration of 2 years from the sign on date. Previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply due to technical difficulties in previous advertisements and collections of Applications.
Under the supervision and co-ordination of the Nurse Manager, and the Director of Nursing & Professional Services, the Primary Care RN, licensed by the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba, will provide professional expanded scope of practice care for our predominantly Indigenous population across the life span. The Primary Care RN must be able to utilize knowledge, skills, and judgement specific to the critical thinking and decision making for optimal patient care with the ability to analyze and assess presenting physical and mental health concerns and be able to effectively collaborate with the other Primary Care RN’s, Physicians, Specialists, and Health Care Providers.
DUTIES INCLUDE: In accordance with FNIH Clinical Guidelines the Primary Care RN will:
• Perform physical exams including appropriate diagnostics procedures utilizing laboratory and x-ray equipment.
• Evaluate health status based on assessment information and develop appropriate treatment plans
• Dispense drug therapies, institute therapeutic treatments, including procedures such as suturing, partial casting, dressing changes, IV therapy, venipuncture etc.
• Be an active participant with clinic health and wellness delivery programs i.e. Well Child, Well Woman/Man, Prenatal, Chronic Disease management, Sexual Health, Influenza campaign etc.
• Evaluate treatment results, and revise care/treatments plans as required.
• Will be expected to provide advanced emergency and share on call coverage after clinic hours, the ability to manage emergency childbirth, stabilization of critically ill or injured clients of all ages until aero-medical evacuation is arranged, is paramount.
• Active practicing registration with the College of Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM)
• A baccalaureate degree in Nursing (e.g. BScN) recognized in Canada, or a nursing diploma.
• Completion of a certificate or diploma in Community Health from a Canadian University is an asset.
• Completion of the Northern Clinical Education Program (NCEP) and willingness to complete the program as available.
• ACLS, PALS, CPR, ITLS, Controlled Drugs and Substances, and Immunization certifications are mandatory, willingness to complete in a timely manner will be essential.
• Criminal Record Check and Child/Adult Abuse Registry Checks will be required.
• Ability to understand and speak Salteaux (Ojibway) is an asset
DEADLINE TO Apply: June 23, 2021 – 4pm
Please send your Resume and Cover letter to:
CHIEF & COUNCIL
Berens River First Nation Health Authority
Email: Email: email@example.com
And c.c. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by Fax: 204-382-2005
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: