Posted May 4, 2021 at 09:00 pm Closes Jun 1, 2021 at 09:00 pm
The Information Technology Director is responsible for the effective operation of information technology (IT) services and support across the organization. This individual oversees IT project, resource management, supervision of IT staff, as well as communication with the executive team, branch directors, and end users. The IT Director is also responsible for IT strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives.
The IT Director helps design access rules and procedures for organization data; this can include which computers, tablets and mobile phones are allowed to access to the organization's networks and databases. The IT Director also helps choose and manage antivirus software solutions, as well as sets up systems that may restrict browser activity across organization owned.
Some Duties Include:
· Plan, develop, and manage all IT services, programs, and support throughout the enterprise.
· Provide internal IT support (server security, software updates, hardware maintenance etc.).
· Assist management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning.
· Ensure that applicable project management practices are followed throughout project lifecycles.
· Assist in developing and managing a budget for technology, IT services, and personnel.
· Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology.
· Must have a diploma in Computer Systems Technology, Network, or Computer Programming.
· Must have at least five (5) years IT related work experience.
· A Combination of education/experience in a related field will be considered including IT certificates and 10+ years’ experience in information technology.
· Must have experience or demonstrated ability in supervising or managing staff.
· Must have experience in supervising or managing staff.
· Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· A valid Class V Manitoba Driver’s License is required.
· Able to speak Cree is an asset.
Applications Must Include:
Deadline: Friday, June 4, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Everyone is welcome to apply. Consideration will be given to people of Aboriginal ancestry that meet requirements.
How to apply: For more information or to apply, please email, mail or drop cover letter and resume to and marked “Personal and Confidential “in an enclosed envelope to:
Courtney Hester, Personnel Administrator
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 10880 *Opaskwayak, MB*R0B 2J0
Fax: 204-623-7063* E-Mail: email@example.com
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: