Posted May 4, 2021 at 09:00 pm Closes Jun 1, 2021 at 09:00 pm
The Director of Human Resources provides assistance and leadership aimed at helping Opaskwayak Cree Nation achieve its organizational objectives. This individual ensures that the Human Resource department and Opaskwayak Cree Nation are in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial legislation. This individual manages the staffing for the Human Resources department and ensures processes are in place for the smooth operation of the Human Resource Department. He/she also works on projects for the development of policies and programs, and coordinates with the accounting department on personnel budgets.
Some Duties Include:
· Performs and coordinates policy reviews and analysis, including the overall management of Human Resource projects and the direction of their staff.
· Responsible for overseeing the hiring, orientation, supervision, performance management and possible terminations of all of the associates at Opaskwayak Cree Nation.
· Ensures compliance with all legislative requirements (federal and provincial).
· Plans and provides organizational development strategy, direction, advice and counsel to the Board of Directors as needed.
· Ensure the security of employee records and the appropriate retention periods for a variety of documents.
· A Bachelor of Arts Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Law, Aboriginal Studies, Social or Education discipline is preferred.
· Must have at least five (5) years related work experience or experience that is transferable.
· A Combination of education/experience in a related field will be considered including a college diploma and 10+ years’ experience in counseling, finance, social work, employment & training, or education.
· Must have experience or demonstrated ability in supervising or managing staff.
· Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Knowledge and able to interpret and implement personnel related legislation.
· A valid Class V Manitoba Driver’s License is required.
· Able to speak Cree is an asset.
Applications Must Include:
· A resume and cover letter that clearly indicates how you meet the position requirements.
· Copy of credentials (licenses, training, education)
· Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Check (or proof of application)
· Three professional letters of reference (colleague, supervisor or manager)
· Personal contact information (phone & email)
Deadline: Friday, June 4, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Everyone is welcome to apply. Consideration will be given to people of Aboriginal ancestry that meet requirements.
How to apply: For more information or to apply, please email, mail or drop cover letter and resume to and marked “Personal and Confidential “in an enclosed envelope to:
Courtney Hester, Personnel Administrator
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 10880 *Opaskwayak, MB*R0B 2J0
Fax: 204-623-7063* E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: