Posted May 4, 2021 at 08:00 pm Closes May 18, 2021 at 08:00 pm
Job Title: Housing Capacity Development Facilitator
Office Location: Thompson, Manitoba
Employment Type: Full-time Term, until March 31, 2023, (with possibility of extension)
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services the Housing Capacity Development Facilitator will work closely with KTC communities to coordinate strategic housing planning and conduct initial capacity assessments following a phased approach as outline by the Manitoba Indigenous Housing Capacity Enhancement & Mobilization Initiative. This MBIHCEMI is a community based led committee to assist the First Nations in enhancing their capacity development of existing housing policies, procedures, governance structures and overall management of existing housing stock.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Act as a liaison between the KTC communities at a community level and Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) Manitoba region, Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation, other levels of government.
· Represent KTC as a member of the Manitoba Indigenous Housing Capacity Enhancement Mobilization Initiative (MBIHCEMI) working group and participate in the development of a Terms of Reference (TOR), vision, mission and goals based on consultation and feedback from communities and front line personnel.
· Support KTC communities to enhance capacity of existing housing policies, procedures, governance structures pertaining to housing, community housing workplans, etc. Provides recommendations to develop/improve policies, procedures and practices.
· Support KTC communities in processes and provide information for best practices in the areas of: contractors, inspections, Ministered Loan Guarantee's (MLG), and project management.
· Coordinate & provide training and education: home/building maintenance, workshops, construction safety, building codes, etc.
· Train and mentor KTC Communities' - identified housing staff and community members.
· Assist communities develop databases and input information as requested.
· Coordinate with proper personnel on enquiries concerning requirements of the Building Code and applicable laws affecting construction.
· Attend meetings as requested.
· Liaise with other agencies and organizations regarding regulations, compliance, housing policies, housing plans and housing authorities.
· Prepare detailed and accurate reports as requested.
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in a discipline pertinent to the job function including experience.
· Experience in workshop facilitation and public speaking.
· Certified or willing to work toward certification for a First Nation Building Officials Association (FNBOA) and Manitoba Building Official Association (MBOA) certificate within a mutually agreed upon time frame,
· Certified or willing to upgrade knowledge of the National Building codes, Manitoba Building codes, Manitoba Building Code Act.
· Certified or willing to upgrade towards the Ability to read and interpret plans specifications, codes and by-laws.
· Able to travel when required.
· Must have valid Manitoba driver's license
· Strong knowledge/Excellent understanding and application of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Understanding of Aboriginal Cultural Traditions and practices.
· Strong organizational skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
· Strong organizational skills in workshops facilitation.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
· Team player and capability to work unsupervised.
· Willing and able to travel as required and valid Manitoba Driver's License.
· Generally, working at an office environment and community visits are a requirement to set up and facilitate in community workshops.
· Additional hours beyond the standard regular hours of work may be required at times.
· Any work conducted after regular standard working hours will be banked at straight time.
· Banked time will be taken off in lieu of.
Please forward all applications and resumes, including two (2) references that KTC will contact with applicant written permission to:
Lisa Beardy, Office Manager
Keewatin Tribal Council Inc.
23 Nickel Road, Thompson MB R8N 0Y4
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. Friday, May 21, 2021. We wish to thank those that apply for this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: