Posted May 4, 2021 at 06:30 pm Closes May 18, 2021 at 06:30 pm
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER - COMPETITION # 2021-32
CASUAL (INCLUDING OVERNIGHTS)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Program Manager, the residential support worker will be responsible providing support, mentorship, and leadership to six youth, aged 18-25 in and from care, living in our transitional housing.
· Provide on-site support for youth living in the home to enhance mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual wellness.
· Coordinate and lead social and recreational activities for youth both on-site and in the community; encourage youth to identify interests and plan activities based on this.
· Communicate and collaborate with case manager to identify the unique goals of each youth.
· Support on-site life skills development by guiding youth through tasks such as completion of household chores, cooking, maintenance and more; provide youth regular reminders.
· Support off-site life skills development by guiding youth to attend appointments, access resources, complete grocery shopping and other tasks as assigned.
· Encourage community participation by exploring volunteer opportunities, special events.
· Provide transportation when needed and appropriate.
· Intervene in crises, providing guidance, support, or resources.
· Maintain accurate and complete written records and reports.
· Training in social services field considered an asset but not required; ASIST, NVCI, First Aid CPR, and other related trainings is considered an asset.
· Knowledge of CFS system and experiences of youth aging out of care; lived experience a definite asset.
· Excellent communication skills; capable of building effective, trusting relationships.
· Experience and knowledge in Indigenous approaches to supporting youth wellness.
· Knowledge of community resources, particularly resources in the North End.
· Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and a reliable vehicle is considered an asset.
· Must have a current satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), and Prior Contact Check as conditions of employment.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter and quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: