Posted Apr 7, 2021 at 10:00 pm Closes Apr 21, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
MANAGER OF COMMUNITY HEALTH TRANSFORMATION LIAISONS
The Southern Chiefs’ Organization (SCO) requires a Manager of the Community Health Transformation Liaisons for an ongoing position based on annual funding.
SCO is a growing and dynamic regional Indigenous organization led by Grand Chief Jerry Daniels that represents 34 Anishinaabe and Dakota First Nations and 80,000 citizens in southern Manitoba. SCO was established 21 years ago by the Chiefs as an independent organization to protect, preserve, promote, and enhance First Nation peoples’ inherent rights, languages, customs, and traditions through the application and implementation of the spirit and intent of the Treaty-making process.
SCO is looking for an accomplished, results-oriented professional to be its next Manager of Community Health Transformation Liaisons. The successful candidate will be an innovative thinker with management experience who thrives in a complex environment and can work collaboratively to move ideas into action. SCO is looking for an exceptional team builder and people person to join our growing team!
HEALTH TRANSFORMATION OVERVIEW:
SCO recognizes the need to work collaboratively to establish a new health care model where First Nation communities, leadership, and health care professionals have increased self-administration, self-determination, and self-governance authority when it comes to population health, primary care, and public health services. In September 2019, the Chiefs-in-Summit passed a resolution supporting the health transformation process, “Exercising our Treaty and Inherent Right to Health”.
Through a community-driven process, Health Transformation is working with all orders of government to create a new First Nations health governance structure that is representative of, and accountable to, First Nation communities. First Nations will assume control and be responsible for the design and delivery of all community-based health services at the community level.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the health sector
· Minimum of five (5) years of management experience
· Demonstrated successful leadership experience including strategic and tactical skills
· Experience working with multi-sectoral partnerships within and beyond the health services sector
· Knowledge and awareness of current First Nation health systems and traditional healing practices and of health programs within First Nations communities
· Experience in administrative and financial management
· Experienced team builder with ability to work collaboratively with internal employees and external stakeholders
· Knowledge of change management processes and strategies
· Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including analytical skills and the writing of reports at both lay and technical levels
· Ability to speak Dakota or Ojibway language an asset
· Proficiency in the use of computers (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
· Criminal background check and Valid Driver’s License required
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 PM CST APRIL 21, 2021
Please submit cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Human Resources and Corporate Support
Southern Chiefs’ Organization
1572 Dublin Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0L4
Fax: (204) 946-1871 Humanresources@scoinc.mb.ca
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected will be contacted for further consideration. Preference will be given to qualified First Nation candidates.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: