Posted Feb 23, 2021 at 03:00 pm Closes Mar 9, 2021 at 03:00 pm
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER - COMPETITION # 2021-12
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 15, 2021
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing processes for the human resources department and oversees employee management relations and human resources functions and work collaboratively Executive Management.
· Responsible for recruitment, selection and retention and manage the entire recruitment cycle, including mandatory background checks are completed for employee files.
· Update HR policies and processes, performance management and employee relations management and
act as a mediator regarding conflict management in the workplace and provide guidance to employees and management staff.
· HR compliance and risk management, organizational design.
· Act as pension and benefits administrator including workers compensation benefits.
· Responsible for updating leave scheduler, HRIMS for tracking purposes.
· Participate in Government Survey as required.
· Create and update salary scales and classifications in collaboration with the Finance Department.
· Attend Board meeting to provide programming and recruitment updates as required.
· Participate and lead the Workplace Safety and Health Committee and guide staff as required.
· Track and monitor recruitment activities for monthly and annual reports.
· Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resource Management and/or certified Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
· Minimum of eight years’ experience in senior level management and five years in Human Resources administration including developing the HR functions and processes and managing staff.
· Knowledge of Employment Standards, Labour Relations, Workers Compensation Board, Workplace Safety and Health, Human Rights Legislation including Child and Family Services Sector.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience working with First Nations communities and fluency in the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
· Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s License including a clear driver’s abstract and have a reliable vehicle.
· Must have a current satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), and Prior Contact Check as a condition of employment.
How to Apply: Send Resume, Cover Letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: