Posted Feb 22, 2021 at 10:00 pm Closes Mar 8, 2021 at 10:00 pm
NEEGINAN CENTRE INC.
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
WAGE: Dependent on qualifications and experience
DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 9th, 2021
The Neeginan Centre Inc. requires a Building Superintendent to oversee the management of building maintenance operations and security for a designated heritage building and other facilities that provide office and training space. The incumbent will be capable of using computerized (heating, cooling, alarm) management systems and have experience supervising employees in maintenance tasks and janitorial/custodial duties. The incumbent will have the skills to perform complex tasks, building and equipment repairs including remodelling, renovation, installation, and similar projects as required.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
· Management of building maintenance operations and security and computerized management systems/tools.
· Project planning for maintenance and upkeep of buildings.
· Supervise staff in the building maintenance tasks and janitorial/custodial duties.
· Instruct, train, and assign staff work schedules and inspect completed work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
· A high degree of technical and mechanical aptitude with knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings and related systems including electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, air make-up units, pneumatic controls, steam boiler, and hot water heating.
· Knowledge and experience with Building Code requirements and safety standards and regulations, ability to ensure that safety standards and regulations are followed.
· Ability to manage projects including estimating materials and labour costs and carrying out and completing remodelling, alterations, and installation.
· Effective oral and written communications skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel and computerized systems.
· Coordinate and perform building repairs and maintenance tasks based on assigned work orders and the maintenance schedule.
· Plan, schedule, train, and supervise staff members to perform regular building maintenance duties including painting, carpentry, masonry, cement work, and general upkeep of structures, furnishings, equipment, floor coverings, acoustical ceilings, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical, and related systems; Instruct, train, and assign subordinates and inspect/evaluate completed work.
· Schedule and carry our Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual inspections including testing sprinkler systems, emergency lights, fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and elevators as required by Code for all Neeginan Centre sites/locations.
· Ability to prepare plans for remodelling, renovation, and installation projects.
· Inventory control, order and issue tools, equipment, and supplies and supervise maintenance thereof.
· Ability to ensure cost control.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE ACCEPTABLE COMBINATION OF:
· Post-secondary education in trades, construction, building maintenance, 5th Class Power Engineering.
· Experience in building management including supervisory experience.
· Working knowledge of Building Code requirements including safety standards and regulations.
· Experience with planning, scheduling, supervising and training staff.
· Ability to use computerized systems including Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
· Clear Criminal Record Check, and Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 9th, 2021. You can also go to www.cahrd.org/jobs to apply online.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: