We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Métis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO's Careers page. Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
You have a passion for helping others. As a Customer Service Representative, you will support customer requests related to banking services including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch.
By proactively identifying customer needs and initiating referrals to appropriate team members, you will contribute to the results and the overall experience delivered in the branch. You will look for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall branch customer experience.
- Be a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch & market team
- Welcome warmly customers & meet their banking service needs including transactions, with seamless execution
- Offer advice and guidance on the digital and self-serve options available with the goal of making it easy, simple and fast to bank with BMO
- Review the customer profile and engage customers in a needs based conversation to identify potential opportunities and address every day banking plans and credit card needs
- Initiate referrals to the appropriate team member to ensure that BMO is able to address all of the customer needs
- Take the initiative and find creative approaches to make each customers experience feel personal
- Support required operational activities, including, but not limited to: inventory management, escalated service requests, following up on customer applications, filing, opening & closing activities
- Independently manage, load & reconcile cash transactions between treasury and various branch units (e.g., CRU, etc)
- Follow through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run branch
- Protect the Bank's assets and comply with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements
What were looking for:
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers
- Basic knowledge of specialized sales and business banking solutions to refer to specialists
- A focus on delivering a personal experience to customers
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges
- Spends up to 100% of time on conversations and requests related to banking services, including handling transactions and supporting customers who walk into the branch.
- May also spend a small amount of time providing operational support for the branch when customer traffic is light
- Projects a professional presence; proactively engages customers in complete conversations about their personal banking needs; listens actively to understand customer needs, clearly explains potential solutions and their benefit to the customer
- Learns quickly and is motivated to apply new knowledge
- Is collaborative, enjoys helping others and being part of a team
- Identifies opportunities for referrals and makes smooth hand offs to partners in BMO FG
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Completion of internal BMO training program, including customer experience and conversation training.
- High-level knowledge of personal, commercial and partner offers, and how each can best serve customers individual needs
- Confident and at ease in the use of social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications
- Highly skilled at helping people who don't find digital applications intuitive to gain confidence in how to use them and to understand their benefits
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.