Posted Jan 12, 2021 at 10:00 pm Closes Jan 26, 2021 at 10:00 pm
REMOTE LEARNING SUPPORT COORDINATOR
(Term position to June 30, 2021, position based at Winnipeg office)
The Remote Learning Support Coordinator will work under the supervisory function of the Assistant Director of Instructional Services.
The Remote Learning Support Coordinator is responsible for ensuring student academic success in an online remote learning environment. The Remote Learning Support Coordinator will work proactively with students and student support staff in both academic and administrative departments.
· Provide effective remote learning communication/mechanism tools to students;
· Analyzing, coordinating and monitoring remote learning student work packages distributed to students;
· Identify/implement online instructional material and methodologies, assess effectiveness and monitor progress;
· Coordination of online academic support services including tutoring and general academic support;
· Identifies, develops and delivers professional development workshops and recommended resources to First Nations schools, classroom teachers and support staff;
· Ensure continuous research of effective program learning trends and technologies;
· Be a point of contact for community members to call for inquiries;
· Identify professional development requirements during and after COVID-19 pandemic.
· Ensures the homework packages are in accordance with prescribed curriculum in order to bring about the goals, standards and objectives, of the education system;
· Involved in completing properly and accurately the necessary records of pupil progress, material inventory and other statistical reports;
· The Remote Learning Support Coordinator shall keep informed of developments in the field of education by:
o Acquainting himself/herself with MFNSS organization, policy and objectives, as they relate to the education program;
o Attending and assisting where possible in in-service training sessions, seminars and workshops;
· Under the direction of the school administration, Remote Learning Support Coordinator shall maintain in a neat and accurate manner:
o Cumulative and personal pupil records;
o Daily register and daily lesson plan book;
o Unit plans (monthly, quarterly, and/or yearly);
o Copies of reports submitted on enrolment, attendance and other educational topics;
o Copies of exams and testing materials with development and typing of these materials under the responsibility of the teacher and Remote Learning Support Coordinator;
· Remote Learning Support Coordinator shall keep all records required;
· Remote Learning Support Coordinator and shall administer any marking system or other means of evaluating pupils' achievements that may be instituted for the school and they shall report to parents the progress of their children as directed by the Principal;
· Remote Learning Support Coordinator shall assist the Principal in carrying out the regulations of the MFNSS, and in every way endeavor to promote the best interests of each pupil and the school.
· Minimum Bachelor of Education with valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate is required;
· Computer proficiency required with technical background preferred or willingness to be trained to conduct learning via Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.;
· Minimum of five years teaching experience;
· Excellent communication skills-both written and oral;
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines;
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals in a respectful manner;
· Provide satisfactory clearance of criminal record and provincial child abuse registry checks;
· Adhere to MFNERC policies and administrative procedures with specific attention to attendance and professional ethics.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter (please state position title applying for), along with (3) professional reference listings (including a most recent employer reference). Deadline: 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 26, 2021 or until filled to:
Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre Inc.
2-1100 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 3X9
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 204.942.2490
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to First Nations people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their resume or cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
Please visit our website at www.mfnerc.org
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: