Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 07:30 pm Closes Dec 4, 2020 at 07:30 pm
CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITION #2020-861-2
ANCR (Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network) delivers centralized, essential intake services that are part of the comprehensive and coordinated child and family services system in the Winnipeg region. We provide crisis response and intake case services, conduct abuse investigations and offer preventative programs and services. ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. We provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. ANCR receives both emergency and non-emergency calls, with highly qualified staff making initial assessments and referring callers to ongoing services as appropriate.
POSITION: Abuse Investigator – Term Position
SALARY: $56,207 - $77,932
CLOSING DATE: December 4, 2020
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INDIGENOUS CANDIDATES. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
· Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a child welfare environment, Child and Family Services protection experience an asset.
· Previous experience conducting Abuse Investigations is desirable.
· Demonstrated skills in areas of crisis intervention, abuse investigations and assessing high risk situations which require immediate response.
· Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures and history and demonstrated skill working cross-culturally.
· Excellent organizational, computer, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and in a team environment.
· Core competencies for this position include: communication, cultural competence, customer/client focus, decision-making, collaboration, organizational ability, and stress tolerance.
A valid driver’s license and vehicle with two million liability insurance are both requirements of this position. A satisfactory criminal records check, prior contact check and a check of the Child Abuse Registry is a requirement of all ANCR employment positions.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Abuse Investigations Program, the Abuse Investigator is responsible for screening and assessing referrals to the Abuse Investigations Program, investigating child abuse allegations, providing crisis intervention services, completing the required written documentation and providing related services under the mandate of the Child and Family Services Act and the Child and Family Services Authorities Act.
All qualified internal candidates will be considered first. Testing may form a part of the screening/selection process. We seek diversity in our workplace.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please review www.ancr.ca for more information. Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition # 2020-861-2 by December 4, 2020 to:
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3G 0N6
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: