Posted Nov 20, 2020 at 07:30 pm Closes Dec 4, 2020 at 07:30 pm
CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Competition #2020-869
ANCR (Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network) delivers centralized, essential intake services that are part of the comprehensive and coordinated child and family services system in the City of Winnipeg. We provide crisis response and intake case services, conduct abuse investigations and offer preventative programs and services. ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. We provide service 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. ANCR receives both emergency and non-emergency calls, with highly qualified staff making initial assessments and referring callers to ongoing services as appropriate.
POSITION: Intake Screener (Bilingual) – Term Position
SALARY: $56,207 to $77,932 per annum
CLOSING DATE: December 4, 2020
THIS POSITION IS DESIGNATED BILINGUAL. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INDIGENOUS CANDIDATES. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare. An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
· Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent education and experience.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a family services environment, Child and Family Services protection experience an asset.
· Must be fluent in the French Language, written and verbal communication.
· Knowledge of substance abuse, family violence, child abuse/neglect and community resources.
· Demonstrated skills in areas of crisis intervention, child protection investigations and assessing high risk situations to determine appropriate response times as per standards.
· Knowledge and understanding of multicultural issues and demonstrated skill working cross-culturally.
· Excellent organizational, computer, written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage workload in a team environment.
A valid driver’s license and a vehicle with $2,000,000 liability insurance is a requirement of this position.
A satisfactory criminal records check, prior contact check and a check of the Child Abuse Registry is a requirement of all ANCR employment positions. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The Intake Screener screens all referrals for service to determine whether or not the referral meets the criteria for a child welfare response. When the Screener determines a child welfare response is warranted, the screener in consultation with their supervisor will determine which program within ANCR is appropriate to receive and respond to the referral. The Screener in consultation with their supervisor will also determine the appropriate response time required based on immediacy and severity of the potential risk to child(ren). The Screener will initiate referrals to community collaterals as appropriate, complete written reports, case documentation and correspondence as required.
All qualified internal candidates will be considered first. Testing may form a part of the screening and selection process.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please review www.ancr.ca for more information.
Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition # 2020-869 by December 4, 2020 to
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R3G 0N6
We thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: