Posted Nov 18, 2020 at 08:00 pm Closes Dec 2, 2020 at 08:00 pm
Community Coordinator - Competition 2020-75
Community Specialized Homes
Little Grand Rapids First Nation
December 2, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Community Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and monitoring community-based placement services including liaising with collaterals and working with House Parents, Respite, and Support Workers.
· Recruitment of Respite & Support Workers.
· Facilitate Respite & Support Worker orientations.
· Supervise overall activities of House Parents.
· Deliver an efficient, community-asset based approach to providing care.
· Conduct weekly home visits to provide support and maintain awareness of homes.
· Provide weekly reporting to CSH Administrative Assistant on which child(ren) have moved in/out of the CSH home(s) to ensure accurate placement tracking.
· Conduct unannounced home visits at supervisor request.
· Complete documentation of home visits and provide to CSH Supervisor as requested.
· Grade 12 education and three years experience in similar industry.
· Supervisory experience preferred but not mandatory.
· Ability to effectively manage conflict.
· Knowledge of Community-based resources.
· Knowledge of the Child and Family Services (CFS) sector and legislation.
· Demonstrate knowledge and/or understanding of Indigenous perspectives, First Nations culture and traditional philosophies.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a community-based environment with a high attention to detail.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate in Ojibway.
· Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
· Must have a current satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), and Prior Contact Check as a condition of employment.
How to Apply: Send Resume, Cover Letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: