Posted Nov 18, 2020 at 08:45 pm Closes Dec 2, 2020 at 08:45 pm
TFC Level 2 Support Workers – Competition # 2020-61R
Therapeutic Foster Care
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
OVERVIEW: The Shawenim Abinoojii Therapeutic Foster Care Program requires individuals to provide support services for children and youth from 0-17 years of age in placement homes. The successful support worker will work alongside the foster parent to provide a nurturing home environment.
· Support the foster parent with providing day-to-day caring for the children and youth this includes ensuring physical, mental spiritual and emotional needs are met. Preparation & provisions of healthy meals, working alongside with youth to teach skills of meal preparation
· Be a healthy role model and a source of guidance for the development of the children and youth and daily life and social skills. Interact with the youth through shared activities based on their developmental needs and interest. Support youth in finding and participating in volunteer work. Guide youth in building a resume. Support youth in completing schoolwork.
· Provide a friendly and supportive atmosphere by developing appropriate strategies to support the children and youth in managing their behavior.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, youth, staff, parents, and guardians. Attending quarterly goal-setting meetings with youth & work with youth to attain stated goals.
· Provide monthly reports indicating work done with youth toward goal setting plan or assist foster parent with completing monthly report regarding child progress.
· Maintain clear and concise file recordings for each shift. Provide incident reports, as necessary. Provide monthly reports indicating work done with youth goal settings plan or assist foster parent with completing monthly report regarding child progress.
· Three years’ experience working with children, at risk youth and families plus training, education, and experience in the helping field.
· Completion of Child and Youth Care Program, Family Support Worker Certificate, or relevant education.
· Demonstrated abilities in conflict resolution, showing initiative and good judgement, organizational and time management skills.
· Current First Aid/CPR, NVCI, mental health first aid, and ASSIT is an asset.
· Valid class 5 driver’s license/access to a vehicle, and willingness to travel.
· Must provide a current satisfactory criminal record (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
WORK SCHEDULE: Schedule will be Day, Evening, or Night on an 8 hour, 10 hour, 12-24 hour shifts, Respite.
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
WE THANK ALL WHO APPLY HOWEVER ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INTERNAL CANDIDATES, SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SELF-DECLARED CANDIDATES (INDIGENIOUS, INUIT OR METIS).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: