Posted Nov 18, 2020 at 03:00 pm Closes Dec 2, 2020 at 03:00 pm
At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the eighth consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
Working closely with their designated HR Consultants and supporting their respective client groups, the HR Advisor – Indigenous HR Support, coordinates and oversees recruitment processes, provides guidance in the application of the collective agreements, and assists in the development and review of job descriptions. They also play a key role in promoting and providing Indigenous HR project support across the university - primarily focused on the recruitment and retention of Indigenous employees.
In addition, this role acts in an HR consulting capacity for a small group of designated clients, providing them assistance in all areas of day to day human resource related matters including performance management, collective agreement compliance, staff development and organizational effectiveness.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· University degree with courses in human resources is required.
· A minimum of 3 years HR experience in a generalist role required.
· Experience working in a complex unionized environment preferred.
· Knowledge of employment practices, Human Rights Legislation and Employment Standards is required.
· Knowledge of the University policies and procedures is an asset.
· Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint or other equivalent software is required.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Excellent communication and problem solving skills including the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization are required.
· Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills.
· Must be able to establish and foster supportive working relationships.
· Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Good time management skills.
· Demonstrated understanding of Indigenous values and culture as well as the challenges/opportunities that exist related to the recruitment and retention of Indigenous employees is required.
· Demonstrated ability to incorporate Indigenous values when working with clients is required.
· Demonstrated strong, positive working relationships, commitment and experiences with various Indigenous communities and organizations both internal and external to the university is required.
· Demonstrated ability and commitment to serving diverse clients is required.
· Satisfactory work record, including punctuality and attendance is required.
THIS POSITION IS DESIGNATED FOR INDIGENOUS CANDIDATES. APPLICANTS MUST SELF-DECLARE ON THEIR COVER LETTER/RESUME AS INDIGENOUS (FIRST NATION, METIS AND/OR INUIT).
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
· Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
· Competitive vacation time.
· Employee and Family Assistance Program.
· A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=12932
Closing Date: November 25, 2020
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: