Posted Oct 16, 2020 at 02:45 pm Closes Oct 30, 2020 at 02:45 pm
TREATY RELATIONS COMMISSION OF MANITOBA
The Administrative Assistant shall assist in the overall administration and clerical duties for the Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba in order to ensure that TRCM services are provided in a professional and effective manner. The TRCM Administrative Assistant shall report directly to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Treaty Commissioner, TRCM staff and Elder’s Council.
1. Prepares, reviews and edits correspondence, including travel requisitions, for the Operations Manager’s signature or approval;
2. Schedules and confirms meetings/invitations with various individuals and organizations and maintains calendar and itinerary information, notices and alerts for the Treaty Commissioner;
3. Compiles information and data required by the Treaty Commissioner and/or Operations Manager for the preparation of briefing notes, reports, and materials required;
4. Organizes and coordinates various meetings, and prepares minutes and related documentation, resources, schedules, agendas, reports, facilities and logistics for Joint Steering Officials Committee (JOSC) Meetings, Operation Management Committee (OMC) Meetings, Elder’s Council Meetings, Staff Meetings and Administration Team Meetings;
5. Organizes and coordinates various TRCM events, and prepares related documentation, including budgets, resources, agendas, facilities, catering, and logistics.
6. Organizes travel and accommodations for the Treaty Commissioner, TRCM staff and meeting/event attendees;
7. Provides administrative support when necessary for special projects, conferences, workshops and other directly related activities of the TRCM;
8. Prepares staff attendance information and credit card reconciliations for review and approval;
9. Maintains the Administration filing system and databases;
10. Participates on interview selection committees as requested;
11. Reception duties as required including answering incoming calls and redirecting to appropriate staff and updating incoming and outgoing mail logs;
12. Other duties as assigned.
· A certificate or University degree in Office Administration or related field with proven administrative skills and/or a combination of equivalent education and a minimum of three years related experience;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in technical and plain language writing including, but not limited to, drafting formal letters, agendas, and minutes;
· Demonstrate experience in decision-making, problem solving, establishment of priorities, dealing with various governance bodies, organizations and communities;
· Must have a strong understanding of First Nations community, culture and governance structures;
· Awareness of contemporary issues affecting First Nations communities within Manitoba;
· Experience working with First Nations or a First Nation organization in the field of administration would be preferred;
· Excellent task management skills with ability to set priorities and organize workload effectively and efficiently;
· Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to work in a First Nations environment, fluency in a First Nations language are considered an asset;
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft word applications as well as MAC computer systems and software;
· Project Management skills and experience with travel and financial requisitioning is desired;
· Awareness of the TRCM Accountability Framework;
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals;
· Ability to relate to and communicate well with others; and
· Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive matters with discretion.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and education.
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than October 23, 2020 to:
Attention: Jaime Wolfe, Operations Manager
Treaty Relations Commission of Manitoba
300-300 Alpine Way, Headingley MB R4H 0E1
email@example.com Fax: (204) 777-1874
Your cover letter and resume must clearly demonstrate that you meet all the requirements. No phone calls please. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: