Posted Oct 14, 2020 at 09:00 pm Closes Oct 28, 2020 at 09:00 pm
POSITION: Intake Coordinator
Dakota Ojibway Health Services (DOHS) – Jordan’s Principle
LOCATION: Dakota Ojibway Health Services
320-300 Alpine Way, Headingley, MB R4H 0E1
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
Under the supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Services Coordinator and in accordance with DOTC Mission, Values, Goals, Policies and Procedures, the Intake Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate all Off-Reserve requests for the Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council Region geographical area; provide assessment, follow up, and will liaise with other Jordan’s Principle Off Reserve offices.
· Review all referrals made to Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council Jordan’s Principle
· Complete assessments through telephone or in person to confirm eligibility and determine appropriate services based on needs of the child
· Document intake assessment that includes referral, assessment, treatment/admission, discharge (if applicable), transition and ongoing care protocols
· Provide navigation services with a cultural safety and humility lens, using a trauma-informed and culturally competent approach.
· Understand the importance of working with First Nations protocols in order to make children and families comfortable with their interaction with the health care system
· Build strong relationships and partnerships with front line health care and child care workers, and works with a variety of health care and child care professionals, including but not limited to nurses, speech pathologists, dental, occupational therapists.
· Provide wellness workshops, cultural presentations and team building activities focused on developing and enhancing skills and capacity of front-line workers.
QUALIFICATIONS: (including, but not limited to)
· Bachelor of Arts, BSW, B.Ed. or Post-Secondary Diploma in related field
· Knowledge of population health and First Nations perspective on health and wellness
· In-depth knowledge of First Nations health and wellness system needs
· Knowledge of relevant legislation such as CFS Act, Vulnerable Persons Legislation
· Must have excellent written and communication skills
· Ability to work independently
· Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
· Current Criminal Records/Vulnerable and Child Abuse Registry Checks
· Access to a reliable vehicle
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter, including two (2) reference to:
DAKOTA OJIBWAY HEALTH SERVICES
Attn: Erica Nicholson, Human Resources
Ph: (204) 239-8650
Fax: (204) 857-6037
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: