Posted Oct 13, 2020 at 09:00 pm Closes Oct 27, 2020 at 09:00 pm
Program Coordinator – Healthy Living Program
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020HL-PC01
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 23, 2020
SALARY/WAGE: $28.00 per hour
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week. Weekends and evenings required.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Responsible for the development and day to day management of the Healthy Living Program including program development, implementation of activities and events, staff management, and leading program initiatives. As a member of the management team, the Program Coordinator offers input and recommendations in a collaborative manner to provide Healthy Living options to program participants. The main areas of activity will be Lifestyles for Healthy Living and The Learning Garden.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Define the scope of the healthy living program for Indigenous adult students of the Aboriginal Community Campus, Neeginan Learning & Literacy Centre, Neeginan College and tenants/students in Neeginan Village, as well as programming for children attending the on-site daycare.
· Create a program plan which identifies activities needed to successfully complete the program and ensure they are in compliance with program objectives.
· Develop and implement healthy living activities to promote growth, self-reliance, and wellness for participants attending CAHRD programming.
· Drawing for traditional and contemporary knowledge, create programming to address the effects of colonization, working toward continued rebuilding of the community.
· Use land-based knowledge and activities to promote personal and family wellness.
· Execute program according to the work plan, contribute to annual operations planning.
· Develop recordkeeping procedures and manages appropriate internal records in accordance with compliance issues, regulations, policies, and standards.
· Communicate, coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments of CAHRD and external stakeholders.
· Post-secondary education in a related subject or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Superior skills in team leadership, communication (verbal and written), time management, critical thinking, decision making and organizational management.
· 2 to 3 years planning and/or management experience.
· Experience in sports and recreation and horticulture/indoor gardening
· Ability to exercise good judgment when dealing with challenging situations.
· Proficient knowledge of MS-Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Internet use.
· Knowledge of the Winnipeg urban Indigenous population and community resources.
· A valid Manitoba Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
· A clear Criminal Record Check, and Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
Submit your cover letter and resume citing competition number to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 23, 2020. You can also go to www.cahrd.org/jobs to apply online.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis, or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: