SOUTHEAST RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL CORPORATION
The Economic Development Division of the Southeast Resource Development Council Corp. is seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual for the position of Training & Employment Coordinator.
Under the supervision and direction of the Economic Development Director, the primary duties/responsibilites of the Training and Employment Coordinator are as follows:
- Assist member communities in developing annual training plans.
- Develop, maintain & monitor community budgets.
- Prepare and provide the funder with the Annual Operating Plan as per Funding Agreement.
- Write proposals to access other sources of funding for community projects.
- Ensure appropriate reports are completed in a timely manner as per Funding Agreement.
- Advise, assist, support and train local Human Resource Officers in Employment Insurance Rules and Regulations, CPP and Old Age Security.
- Identify barriers to emplyment and assist clients to develop career goals and refer client to approporiate services or training institutions.
- Maintaine ARMS data base on a monthly basis.
- Work with relevant government agencies and potential employers on behalf of the client base.
- Maintaine client files to ensure that all documentation is on file and complete.
- Various duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a financial budget and cash-flow statement is a pre-requisite.
- Demonstrated effective oral & written communication skills are a pre-requisite.
- Experience in writing proposals to the Federal/Provincial Government and the private sector is an asset.
- Previous experience working with First Nation communities is an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel & Word.
- Hold a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver's Liscense and must have a vehicle to travel to communities.
- Must be able to travel extensively to member First Nation communities.
- Working knowledge of Employment Insurance and Support & Security Income Programs (Rules, regulations, etc.).
The candidate/incumbent is required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check in order to work in this position.
HOW TO APPLY: Send your cover letter and resume to:
SCFDC Chairman: Furlon Barker
email@example.com or by fax: 204-943-1735
Deadline to apply: October 27, 2020 - applications received after 4:30 p.m. will not be accepted.
We thank all who apply, however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to: Members of the Southeast First Nation Communities and Indigenous candidates (First Nation, Metis or Inuit).
Please note: Part of the interview process will involve testing in MS Office, Excel & Word.