Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 03:00 pm Closes Sep 30, 2020 at 03:00 pm
MOBILE CRISIS INTERVENTION TEAM MEMBER
Thompson Sub-Office – Full Time
Are you a Mental Health, Wellness or Crisis Professional, Spiritual or Indigenous Knowledge Keeper or maybe a Psychologist, Social Worker or Psychiatric Nurse who is seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of Indigenous people at times of crisis? Are you willing to travel to remote, rural, and fly-in First Nation communities throughout Manitoba? If so, let’s talk!
• You will be part of the MKO Mobile Crisis Response Team.
• You will work with others like yourself who are dedicated to work which has real value and meaning in the lives of others.
• You will apply your education, skills, talents, and passion for the benefit of others while learning from the expertise of your team.
• You will enjoy the satisfaction that comes from knowing your work is much more than just a job.
• Provide culturally sensitive and safe crisis intervention and trauma support in the priority area of suicide or other tragic loss of life.
• Deploy to remote, rural, and fly-in communities throughout Manitoba, usually for up to three days on short notice.
• Provide an organized crisis response with support services to those impacted in the community.
• Work as part of a dedicated regional team.
• Contribute to a broader strategy to strengthen relationships and provide greater capacity within First Nations communities to respond locally to crisis.
• Knowledge of traditional healing practices as an Indigenous Knowledge Keeper or Elder or have a Degree in related social sciences, social work or health related post-secondary education.
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a mental wellness crisis response environment
• Proficient computer skills
• A valid driver’s license
• A sensitivity and understanding of culture, language and issues relevant to Indigenous communities
• Preference will be given to those who speak or understand an Indigenous language
• A willingness to travel
• A satisfactory background check
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume
and cover letter by 4:00PM September 30, 2020 to:
Dorothy Smith email@example.com
Incorporated in 1981 as the Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak (MKO)1, MKO is a non-profit,
political advocacy organization that provides a collective voice on issues of inherent, Treaty,
aboriginal and human rights for the citizens of the 30 sovereign First Nations we represent. The
MKO First Nations are signatory to Treaties 4, 5, 6 and 10.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: