Posted Sep 11, 2020 at 07:00 pm Closes Sep 25, 2020 at 07:00 pm
Neeginan Centre is looking for a full time cleaner.
Shift is 9 am to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday and the wage is $13.35 an hour.
The cleaner is responsible for performing cleaning, disinfecting, janitorial services and basic maintenance tasks to the properties under the direction and control of Neeginan Centre Inc. The cleaner will ensure that the established cleaning schedules are followed according to the cleaning standards in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
In consultation with Superintendent/Management, the cleaner will:
· Clean and sanitize/disinfect elevators doors and buttons multiply time during the shift
· Wash walls, disinfect bathroom stalls, sinks, doors and other soiled surfaces
· Disinfect door handles, disinfect stair rails, and disinfect commonly used areas
· Follow sanitizing/disinfecting schedule
· Sweeping, mopping, dusting, washing, vacuuming, washrooms and public areas
· Other cleaning and light maintenance duties as assigned
· Must able to read, write and understand written and verbal communications in English
· 1 year of experience in a similar role with a sound knowledge of commercial cleaning methods, equipment and job performance standards
· Clear criminal record check and child abuse registry check are required
· Safe use of floor polishers, automated floor scrubbers, vacuums, carpet cleaners.
· WHMIS training or willing to train
· First Aid/CPR or willing to train
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), proper use and care.
· Must be reliable, trustworthy, punctual
· Proven teamwork skills
· Able to understand and follow safety procedures
· Able to understand and follow established schedules and standards for cleaning efficiently
· Knowledge of cleaning supplies; effectiveness, safe use and storage
The position requires:
· Ability to lift 50 lbs (22kg) – moderate physical effort
· Minor exposure to dirt, dust, fumes.
· Able to stand, crouch, kneel for extended periods
· Able to regularly use stairs in a multi-storey building
· Close attention to detail
· Modest pressure/stress
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.cahrd.org/jobs to apply online by 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 18th, 2020.
Preference will be given to indigenous candidates (Status, Non-Status, Metis, or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: