Posted Sep 10, 2020 at 08:00 pm Closes Sep 24, 2020 at 08:00 pm
REQUIRED: Full Time Permanent Child & Family Service Worker
LOCATION: KSMA Sub-Office, 585 Century, Winnipeg, MB
The Child & Family Service Worker will work as a team member for the protection of children by addressing the prevention, awareness and education of child abuse and neglect. They will also case manage children in care files.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Responsible for the case management of children in care and family services files by complying with the Child & Family Services Act and Program Standards.
· Assess child and family functioning and risk factors to children’s safety and implement intervention plans to address the child protection and family support issues and permanency planning.
· To work cooperatively and effectively with other resource workers, including those in the field of education, community health, recreation, alcohol and drug abuse and prevention, social assistance, family court and other Child & Family Services in order to strengthen and unify children and families.
· BSW Degree
· Registered Social Worker
· Knowledge of social work, child welfare, Manitoba CFS Act and Program Standards.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in computers – specifically the Child and Family Service Information System (CFSIS) and Microsoft.
· Knowledge of Aboriginal Justice Inquiry – Child Welfare Initiative.
· Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
· Ability to travel
· Applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent.
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
· Cover letter with detailed resume,
· Two (2) references from most resent supervisors, and one (1) character reference,
· Copy of current Prior Contact, Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Record checks,
· Copy of degree and/or diplomas obtained and/or completed certificates.
SALARY: To commensurate with Education and Experience
DEADLINE DATE: September 23, 2020 @ 4:30 pm
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: Kinosao Sipi Minisowin Agency
Attention: Rosalie Throop
P.O. Box 640
Norway House, Manitoba R0B 1B0
Or fax to: (204) 359-8654
Attention: HR Department
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: