Posted Jul 30, 2020 at 09:00 pm Closes Aug 13, 2020 at 09:00 pm
TFC SUPPORT WORKERS COMPETITION 2020-49
THERAPEUTIC FOSTER CARE
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
OVERVIEW: The Shawenim Abinoojii Therapeutic Foster Care Program requires individuals to provide support services for children and youth from 0-17 years of age in placement homes. These positions require training, education and/or experience in the helping field. The successful support worker will work alongside the foster parent to provide a nurturing home environment.
· Support the foster parent with providing day-to-day caring for the children and youth this includes ensuring physical, mental spiritual and emotional needs are met.
· Be a healthy role model and a source of guidance for the development of the children and youth and daily life and social skills.
· Support the operation of the home with providing light housekeeping, shopping, or relevant tasks as requested by the foster parent.
· Provide a friendly and supportive atmosphere by developing appropriate strategies to support the children and youth in managing their behavior.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, youth, staff, parents, and guardians.
· Maintain clear and concise file recordings for each shift. Provide incident reports, as necessary.
· Attend all required training provided by, or offered through Shawenim Abinoojii Inc.
· Previous experience working with children and youth.
· Demonstrated abilities in conflict resolution, showing initiative and good judgement, organizational and time management skills.
· Current First Aid/CPR and NVCI is an asset but can be completed upon employment.
· Valid class 5 driver’s license and willingness to travel.
· Must provide a current satisfactory criminal record (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
SCHEDULE WILL BE DAY, EVENING, NIGHT SHIFTS AT 8, 10, 12 HOUR SHIFTS
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Members of the Southeast First Nation Communities; and Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit or Metis).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: