Posted Jul 30, 2020 at 07:00 pm Closes Aug 13, 2020 at 07:00 pm
COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT COUNSELLOR
DEPARTMENT: CAHRD EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2020ES-CEC01
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m., Thursday, August 6, 2020.
SALARY/WAGE: $22.88 per hour
POSITION TYPE: Casual, hours will vary weekly.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible.
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Community Employment Counsellor is responsible for providing career development research and job search counseling to CAHRD clients, as well as providing information on available CAHRD education and training opportunities to post-secondary Indigenous students. As such, this position will be stationed at post-secondary institutions. The employment counselor assists clients to achieve their education and employment goals by empowering them with the resource tools and information required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Interview clients to obtain employment/educational background and career goals
· Evaluate skills, education, experience, and history of each client through the client registration process
· Assist clients to develop career paths and/or job readiness and job search strategies
· Complete all necessary client documentation and conduct client follow-up
· Keep informed of services, job orders and other information relevant to Employment Services counsellors
· Attend weekly job order and staff meeting
· Generate accurate statistics for reporting requirements, and submit required reports
· Create, maintain, and update paper and database client and program files
· Develop, coordinate and deliver presentations to groups, agencies, and educational institutions
· Attend career fairs and other community events on behalf of CAHRD upon request
· Liaise with external organizations to promote and recruit for CAHRD programs and services
· Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or Human Resource Management is required
· An acceptable combination of education and experience may also be considered
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrated counseling skills and counseling experience
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Experienced with facilitation of workshops
· Competent in MS-Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and internet use
· Knowledge of community-based resources
· Able to maintain an inventory of job-ready clientele and effectively manage a large caseload
· Knowledge of Winnipeg’s urban Indigenous population
· Valid Manitoba driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Submit your cover letter and resume citing competition number to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, August 6, 2020. You can also apply online by going to www.cahrd.org/jobs.
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis, or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: