CREE NATION CHILD & FAMILY CARING AGENCY
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/CASE AIDE – MCCN UNIT- PERMANENT
LOCATION: Regional Office
Under the supervision of the Service Manager, the Administrative Assistant/Case Aide provides administrative support and assist Child & Family Service Workers with a variety of tasks within a child welfare service unit. The Administrative Assistant/Case Aide maintains strict confidentiality in performing all duties.
- Types, edits, formats and transcribes reports, forms, correspondence, files, recordings, minutes, case planning notes and other material as assigned by the Unit Supervisor. Composes routine correspondence and maintains templates.
- Receives, screens, assesses, transfers telephone calls and takes messages.
- Maintains daily attendance records, monitors, records, and relays information regarding staff whereabouts.
- Assists with photocopying, faxing and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provides information about administrative procedures for all unit staff.
- Coordinates meetings and meeting spaces.
- Enters information on CFSIS
- Monitors and operates office equipment
- Provides support to other administrative staff as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the agency policy and procedures.
- Direct case management support
- Indirect case management support
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Post Secondary Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to converse fluently in Cree (preferred)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and database systems
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of visitors and circumstances
- Knowledge of customer service (preferred)
- Good organizational skills and working knowledge of office and administrative procedures and related equipment (preferred)
- Excellent oral and effective communication skills (preferred)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must pass a criminal records check, child abuse registry check and
prior contact check.
- Cannot be active on a protection case.
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality in accordance with agency requirements.
- May be assigned to provide coverage or support for other office locations from time to time and as required.
- Other duties related to the position may be assigned
Deadline: August 12, 2020 @ 4:00 pm
SUBMIT COVER LETTER & RESUME ALONG WITH THREE (3) REFERENCES MARKED “PERSONAL & CONFIDENTIAL” TO:
Human Resource Manager
Cree Nation Child & Family Caring Agency
Opaskwayak, MB. R0B 2J0
We thank all who apply and be advised that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
“Please visit our website at https://creenation.ca”