Posted May 22, 2020 at 10:00 pm Closes Jun 5, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Internal Communications Specialist
Under the direction and supervision of the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs Education Director the Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for deploying an internal communications strategy that includes the development and maintenance of a web portal and database.
· Develop an internal communications strategy for the AMC Education Department as a means of engaging with Manitoba First Nation Education Directors and other key stakeholders;
· Work with in collaboration with the IT department and software developers to develop a web portal and database;
· Monitor and maintain web portal and database to ensure information is current and up to date;
· Assist in the development of bulletins, info graphics, online articles and newsletters;
· Response to service requests in timely manner;
· Work with Educations Directors to ensure documents and resources are shared;
· Develop forms and online surveys for electronic data collection;
· Provide technical support and training for new users;
· Provide analysis and recommendations on new and emerging software and hardware useful to the AMC Education Department;
· Keep inventory of IT equipment, repairing and replacing where necessary;
· Perform quality assurance checks on website content as well as provide technical quality assurance;
· Prepare equipment and provide technical support at conferences, assemblies and internal meetings;
· Other duties as assigned.
· College diploma in communications, software development or web programming with a combination of 5 years’ experience in the field of Communications or Information Technology;
· Experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems;
· Experience with maintaining websites or databases;
· Must have excellent written, communication and presentation skills;
· Knowledge of First Nation people and communities;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work co-operatively as a part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals;
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
· Adhere to AMC policies and procedures with specific attention to attendance, and professional ethics;
· Possesses a valid Class 5F Driver’s License and vehicle, work flexible hours, and travel upon request.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position title applying for, qualifications, and resume, along with 2 professional reference listings (include a most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. Friday June 5, 2020 to:
Miranda McIvor, Human Resource Administrator
Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs
3rd Floor, 275 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2B3
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their cover letter or resume. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
Please visit our website at
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: