Posted May 22, 2020 at 07:00 pm Closes Jun 5, 2020 at 07:00 pm
The Indigenous Women’s Healing Centre operates long term residential safe houses/healing lodges for Indigenous women and their children, who have experienced family violence, involvement with the criminal justice system and/or systemic neglect. We are currently recruiting for North Star Lodge located at 105 Aikins Street, Winnipeg, MB. We are currently looking for a Case Manager.
Under the supervision and direction of the Operations Manager and in accordance with the Centre's philosophy, goals, standard practices, the Case Manager functions as a member of the team in providing supportive services designed to enable Indigenous women to achieve change and growth. The Case Manager is responsible to monitor resident activities and Centre operations within a 24/7 residential facility. The Case Manager acts as a role model, teacher, resource and guide in order to assist residents in achieving their chosen goals and provides such support in a manner that facilitates self-awareness and encourages self-worth and self-determination within the Indigenous context.
Education and Qualifications
· BSW or diploma in field of human services plus a minimum of two years related child welfare work experience.
· Comprehensive knowledge and counseling skills in the area of family violence, child welfare, addictions, and woman's issues.
· Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
· Awareness of the effects of abuse on women and children and recognition of needs associated with healing and ways to meet those needs.
· Ability to multi-task and manage stress effectively.
· Excellent assessment and problem-solving skills are essential.
· Knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions, community needs and issues, and Indigenous women's issues.
· Knowledge of an Indigenous language or dialect considered an asset.
· CPR/First Aid Certificate or must obtain before probationary period ends.
· Valid class 5 driver's license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
· Current criminal record check and Child Abuse Registry check required for employment.
***Unionized position salary range $21.77 - $23.57 per hour
Please email resume, cover letter and three references to: Manager of Human Resources at email@example.com by 3:00 P.M. June 05, 2020.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: