Security Guard - Competition #2020-30
Support Work Program
June 3, 2020
OVERVIEW: The Support Work Program with Shawenim Abinoojii Inc (SAI) is seeking an observant, experienced security guard to maintain a safe environment by patrolling and monitoring the SAI properties. The security guard will take immediate action as problematic situations arise and be attuned to any suspicious or unlawful behavior.
- Patrol all SAI properties to prevent and detect signs of intrusion by ensuring doors, windows and gates are secured.
- Conduct frequent security checks by patrolling the perimeter of the grounds and remain vigilant for any unusual activity. Recognizing potentially threatening and dangerous situations and respond in the safest and most effective manner.
- Monitor and permit entrance and departure of employees and visitors to guard against theft and to ensure security of premises at all times.
- Sound alarms and/or call for outside assistance when needed in cases of emergencies by contacting the police department, fire department, ambulance services.
- Provide detailed reports documenting irregular activity such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Provide a visible presence that enforces safety and security and answer alarms and investigate disturbances in a timely manner.
- Conduct exterior property checks for maintenance issues, malfunctions, or hazards.
- Use radio or other communication devices in a clear and concise manner.
Must have a Valid Security Guard License.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Relevant security guard experience of one year.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Physically and mentally fit, self-defense skills.
- Ethical, confident, and dependable.
- Able to work a variety of different shifts (including graveyard and/or extended hours).
- Must provide a current satisfactory criminal record (including Vulnerable Sector), Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Checks as a condition of employment.
· Shift will be overnight 7:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Members of the Southeast First Nation Communities; and Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit or Metis).