Posted May 21, 2020 at 08:00 pm Closes Jun 4, 2020 at 08:00 pm
Support Workers – Competition # 2020-29
Community Specialized Homes
Hollow Water First Nation
Open Until Filled
OVERVIEW: The Communities Specialized Homes Program requires Support Workers to provide support services for children in a specialized foster home setting. The successful Support Workers will work alongside the House Parent/Foster Parent to provide a nurturing home environment.
• Support the Foster Parent in providing day-to-day caring for the child(ren); this includes ensuring physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs are met.
• Provide a nurturing and structured environment with positive attachment caregiving.
• Be a healthy role model and source of guidance for the development of child daily life and social skills.
• Support the operation of the home through providing light housekeeping, shopping, or other relevant tasks as requested by the Foster Parent.
• Facilitate family and community connection by working alongside family and community in meeting case planning objectives and maintaining regularly scheduled visits.
• Work as an effective and cooperative team member.
• Maintain clear and concise file recordings for each shift and provide incident reports.
• Attend all requisite training provided by or offered through Shawenim Abinoojii.
• Prior experience in the support services field.
• Strong organizational and time skills.
• Ability to work together in a team setting.
• Ability to speak Anishinaabe is preferred and considered an asset.
• Possesses a strong knowledge of the Anishinaabe culture and issues affecting our children, families and communities; obtained prior cultural awareness and/or sensitivity training.
• Must have current satisfactory criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Check and PCC as conditions of employment
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter and Quote Competition # to:
FAX: (204) 949-9413
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to: Members of the Southeast First Nation Communities; and Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit or Metis).
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: