Posted May 19, 2020 at 03:00 pm Closes Jun 2, 2020 at 03:00 pm
$26.00 per hour
Term, Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week.
Hours of work may vary. This is a 3 month term position. Position is unionized.
ANTICIPATED START DATE:
As soon as possible
Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Recruitment Officer is responsible for the full-cycle recruitment process including: attracting candidates, developing and maintaining a pool of skilled workers, screening applicants, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Achieve staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers; and assisting in preparing clients for job readiness.
· Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives and meeting with community organizations to discuss employee needs.
· Determine clients’ ability to perform in employment positions by matching job requirements with the client’s qualifications.
· Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses and verifying references.
· Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with potential employers.
· Collaborate with hiring managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs.
· Post-secondary education in Business Administration, or Human Resource Management is required.
· An acceptable combination of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Experience in the full-cycle recruitment process.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Competent in MS-Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and internet use.
· Knowledge of community-based resources.
· Knowledge of Winnipeg’s urban Indigenous population.
· Valid Manitoba driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
· Business acumen and labour market insight.
· Excellent organizational skills and clerical abilities.
Submit your cover letter and resume citing competition number to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m., Friday, May
Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (Status, Non-status, Métis, or Inuit). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This employer accepts online applications via AMIK.ca! Apply online now for the following benefits: